Funny Lance Storm tweet on Vince Russo

Lance Storm via Twitter:

Eric Bischoff turns 57 today. He’s only 14 years older than me and Vince Russo wanted to book him as my Dad in WCW. Happy Birthday Dad.

Tags: , , ,

1. Hans says:

LOL!

2. cool arrow says:

Like that’s the dumbest idea Russo’s ever had.

3. Dan masters says:

Like that’s the dumbest idea Russo’s ever had.

by cool arrow on May 28, 2012 at 12:24 am

No it’s not.

4. Really? says:

Bischoff probably loved the idea. “I’ll finally know how it feels to have a son with wrestling talent!”

5. steve says:

Storm is an idiot.

6. mike says:

steve is an idiot

Storm is awesome

7. Audra Durk says:

I seriously don’t get the hate on Lance Storm.

He’s neer done anything to warrant negativity. He’s always been respectful to fans, he’s got a great mind for the business, he doesn’t flaunt his sobriety like attention whores named CM Punk. He promotes READING which a very large segment of wrasslin’s audience needs to do.

There’s literally nothing to dislike about the guy. He’s an upstanding, clean cut dude.

It’s fanboyism

8. Really? says:

“Of its because of the TNA criticism, let me tell you: he has been critiquing TNA before you even entered Middle School, kids. And if you take into account the ever revolving door in TNAs management, he’s been spot on in every one of his assessments. OBVIOUSLY they’re doing something wrong, because Storm has been talking about this for a DECADE now.”

For the record, TNA wasn’t around when I was in middle school, but Lance Stomr, whom I like, criticizes TNA for having chair shots, because WWE stopped doing chair shots.

Where was he the week before, when WWE hadn’t banned chairshots? Oh, it wasn’t that important to him then. But TNA has to do it immediately after WWE decides to or they are horrible people who don’t care about their employees.

Then Triple H vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania happened. Didn’t hear a peep out of Storm on the issue. It’s fanboyism.

9. -J- says:

If I could be serious for a moment…I like Lance Storm, great worker and as much charisma as a box of saltines.

show of hands, any fans of saltines? They are low in calories you know.

10. Audra Durk says:

So because he doesn’t comment on EVERY chair shot, it’s a problem?

I could ask for the exact reference in question, I could tell you to find me the exact shows you yourself are referencing– and you likely wouldnt be able to, and your argument would fall to pieces.

Know what I’m gonna do though? Gonna drop a bit ‘o knowledge on you, son!

Lance Storm has ALWAYS been against chair shots. Years before WWE instituted its policy.

ECW Barely Legal. He’s never felt exactly comfortable with it, and he’s blogged about it since I was actually in middle school.

And who is he to criticize 2 1/2 of the biggest money makers in the business if they choose to get something over for themselves in a big match people were expecting to see?

11. XPac says:

Lance Storm is AWESOME! “Happy Birthday Dad” is hilarious!

12. steve says:

Mike and storm are tools.

13. N. Gaijin says:

Storm IS awesome. One of the great wrestling minds of today (along with Cornette, Heyman, and Raven), and, as Adurka pointed out, an avid reader.

If anything, I assume all the hate towards him is because of his criticism of TNA and how much of a proponent of “safe” wrestling he is. For the record, he has started watching TNA again, giving it another chance now that Russo is gone, and his criticism of the chair shots wasn’t due to WWE banning them. Hell, he’s not even critical of chair shots to the head – it’s unprotected chair shots that he’s criticized. Funny how much difference one word makes when you’re looking to give someone sh*t over something they said.