Update on Paul Heyman’s WWE status

PWInsider.com is reporting Paul Heyman will be appearing on a WWE semi-regular basis through Summerslam. The idea is to build to a Lesnar vs. Triple H match at the Summer spectacular, and WWE wants Heyman to speak for Lesnar in his absence. Obviously, WWE is trying to conserve dates using Lesnar with his limited appearance contract. It is no secret that Heyman has been a vocal fan of Lesnar’s, and enjoys working with the former UFC heavyweight champion.

Tags: , , ,

1. -J- says:

heyman rules.

2. PJ aka JYD Jr says:

TNA is “killing themselves” that they missed an oppertunity to get Paul…Dixie should have just gave Heyman what he wanted, because if she did she would be sleeping a lot better knowing that TNA might be a legit #2 instead of being the “2nd company built on WWE’s past” she shall learn…ONE DAY…

3. Kerry says:

Heyman has called Brock his best friend in the past, so this made total sense.

4. Joe says:

Lol Dixie will learn when TNA goes under or sells. Either way it’s great to see Paul Heyman back.

5. theprincedann says:

I love TNA but I’ll agree that it would be in a much better position ratings wise than it is now. However, we all know Paul can’t control finances very well. If Paul did the role that Stephanie does in WWE, being in charge of talent and storylines, then TNA would be on to a winner. But that’s as far up the company as Paul should go.

6. Joan B. in S. C. says:

@theprincedann, I’m in total agreement. People may not remember that Heyman also wanted to hold the pursestrings with TNA.

7. Nick says:

Everything that Paul said he wanted to do with TNA was 1. insane and 2. fiscally impossible. Firing the third of the roster that have guaranteed contracts probably won’t help the company very much. While I think the company still have a few too many older fans, they are focusing on home grown and younger stars anyway.

Oh, there’s also a big difference between Heyman working an on-screen role on WWE tv and running a company.

8. rhbd says:

heyman is the best mind without a job

9. Really? says:

The one big name guy I don’t care about seeing Brock wrestle is the guy they are putting him against.

10. micheal says:

hayman and lasner both suck

11. steve says:

Heyman isn’t all that, if he was, ecw would still exist. TNA doesn’t need him.

12. T says:

I thought HHH was retired after losing to Taker at WM?

13. jon says:

0.94? TNA SUCKS!!

seriously they havent made a dime since they existed.

Anyways as for Heyman going to TNA, i really don’t think he wanted too. When i saw the demands he made, i thought lol, this isnt serious. The guy is above TNA. why go to TNA for 500 a week when you go to vince for probably 5000 a week. seriously.

14. Hipnosis says:

Everyone hates on TNA instead of just not watching it. I for one LOVE TNA and I like WWE but there’s nothing exciting in WWE except Brock Lesnar. I love a lot more whats going on with TNA like Bobby Roode and AJ Styles Secret and “Chris Parks” looking for Abyss. It’s all pretty cool and really interesting :P Triple H vs Brock Lesnar? Its good but I really don’t care about UFC. The Cena vs Lesnar Match was great but I’m a little bored with Brock now. He’s barley done anything in my opinion to keep me interested. It just seems to be going no where until Wrestlemania next year. WWE’s main focus is always ONLY wrestlemania. Time between is just a place holder and hype.

15. theprincedann says:

Completely 100% agree with @hipnosis

16. Ryno says:

TNA is interesting and cool? If you like WWE rejects who can’t cut a promo, pot-smoking (not that there’s anything wrong with that) noshows, and elderly gentlemen who are sure to one day die in the middle of a ring.

Yeah, TNA is pretty interesting and cool.