British news site covers the controversial CM Punk comment on Twitter

From the mirror.co.uk:

CM Punk, one of the world’s most popular wrestlers, delivered a chilling retort to a British WWE fan who disagreed with his views on same-sex marriage this evening, tweeting: “Kill yourself”.

Having expressed his disgust at the perceived likelihood that the Amendment 1 ballot measure in North Carolina’s ban on gay marriage will pass in the US state, the WWE champion continued a Twitter dialogue on the subject with other users throughout the day.

He tweeted: “Same sex marriage should be legal. The fact that it’s illegal is embarrassing.”

Twitter follower EzeeKay of Walsall in the West Midlands disagreed, writing:”Man was meant for woman, and even the thought of homo’s make me sick.”

Punk retweeted this message and added “Kill yourself” in response.

Click here to read more

Tags: ,

1. Joey says:

Ok?

2. loo s says:

in all fairness to punk, that guy should kill himself….

3. Robert Barron says:

I’m still left asking the same question to people opposed to gay marriage: how does a man marrying another man negatively affect straight couples? I have yet to receive an answer.

4. Will says:

@Robert I bet you have received several real reasons, but you dismissed them because you disagree with them. You know, like all pro-gay marriage people do.

5. Snow says:

Some people just don’t agree with it Robert. Personally my opinion was formed from the fact that the ones who are for it are usually loud, annoying and incredibly rude. All those “pride parades” its just them flaunting and shoving it down our throats what they are.

If they could be peaceful ans civil about it, then I’d have no problem with it.

Its the fact that they are obnoxious people who just can’t accept some don’t agree with them and then they throw a hissy fit and throw “parades” to shove it down our throats.

6. Chris James says:

If all twitter was taken literal we’d all kill ourselves. Go Punk!

7. Mike W says:

its always walsall folk that causes trouble

8. RJ Ace says:

CM Punk apologized and I don’t know why. He had every right to go after that jackass. The less bigots, racists, and homophobes walking the planet, the better.

9. eddie says:

From what I heard on it was the guy punk told to kill himself said all gays and punk should kill themselves then punk came back u go kill urself but the other guy deleted what he said to make punk look bad.

In my opinion I see nothing wrong with gay marriage I had an aunt that was a lesbian and have some friends that are gay it there life choice y can’t they get married. I agree with punk 100 percent

10. theprincedann says:

I’m gay, and I am completely indifferent to gay marriage. It doesn’t affect me either way because I have no intention of ever getting married, as I don’t believe in marriage straight or gay.

But Punk said what I would say. If you’re a heterosexual man or woman, you really don’t need to bother about gay marriage, as it doesn’t affect your marriage or life in any way at all. But this guys opinion wasn’t just about the proposed marriage bill, it was about homosexuality in general, and this is why he is wrong. His old fashioned opinion isn’t wanted in the modern day world.

11. love_synthesizer@hotmail.com says:

Billy and Chuck reunion please, lawls!