Former WWE world champion suspended

WWE.com posted the following today…

In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) for 60 days effective Thursday, April 26 for his second violation of the company’s policy.

Tags: , ,

1. Joe says:

With all respect to Mysterio, he needs to hang it up. His ring performance started going down when they first brought in the wellness policy and he’s past the age where he can do it all by himself.

2. MattR says:

@Joe – My thoughts exactly. Also, he’s been gone for almost a year now I believe, and I honestly haven’t missed him, that’s just me though.

3. Captain Ass says:

What an idiot. He’s about to come back and he screws up again. One more time and you’re gone, Rey Rey.

4. M.J. Wright says:

@Joe, Its not his age I think, he’s only 37 but he has been wrestling for 23 years and since most of his career was being a high flying daredevil, that is what took the toll on his body. But I guess he thought since he was out of action, he would be immune to testing! Sucks to be him because they given him everything he’s asked for.

5. tom says:

good riddance he was a total dick when i met him at rvd 5 star comics

6. D0r14n_Gr4y says:

I’d bring him back around Survivor Series time, build up a feud through the Rumble and get him to put his career on the line at Mania to put someone over big time (anyone but Lord Tensai will do).

7. Viva La Raza says:

Doesn’t he actually have to be around to be suspended?

8. Kerry says:

I was trying to figure out how a talent can be suspended when they were already on the shelf with an injury & weren’t even working.

9. Joe says:

@M.J. Wright, Duh.

10. ItalianoFBI says:

He may be injured, but he’s still under contract.

11. -J- says:

Wow the shows will struggle without him…oh wait, nevermind.

12. Harlem Shakespear says:

@-J-, but they are struggling…not because of Rey but the fact that their product stinks on ice.

13. EG says:

Awww, now he’ll never be on WWE Network’s cruiserweights show. Guess they’ll have to build it around Sin Cara now. Wait, what? D’oh!

14. Adam says:

What a dumbass…liked him years ago…not so much in recent years. Hang it up Rey while we still have good memories of you.