Jeff Hardy to throw out the first pitch in Nashville

Jeff Hardy is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Nashville Sounds minor league baseball game on Friday. The game takes place at Greer Stadium, and Hardy will be there promoting Sunday’s Lockdown pay-per-view in Nashville.

Tags: , , ,

1. joey says:

Did they tell him its a baseball and not an 8ball

2. Mike says:

Just think of the trouble he’s gonna have with the base lines. All white and chalky Jeff is gonna lose it.

3. MattR says:

Huh, that’s cool, I’m actually going to that game. It’ll be cool to see Jeff outside of a TV or computer screen. And also, everyone’s “clever” shots at Jeff aren’t really funny. Being addicted to a drug of any sort isn’t a joke, especially when that same man is apparently trying to get clean.

4. Anony-mouse says:

it’s his fault… so it is funny… if he was kidnapped and forced into doing drugs like in the movie ‘Taken’, then it wouldn’t be funny.

But this is the same guy who had that terrible match with Sting as a result of getting high, and who had his home raided because he had the intent to sell drugs.

He brought it on himself, so he should deal with the repercussions.. Whether it’s someone screaming at the top of there lungs about his “former” drug habits, or if it’s a subtle or clever joke.

I’m not gonna have sympathy for him and I’m NOT going to praise him for getting sober… He’s just doing what he’s supposed to do now.

That’s like praising the guy who says “excuse me” if someone’s in their way, or praising your waiter or waitress for bringing you your appetizer, or praising an overweight person who lost weight.

Why throw a parade for someone who’s doing now what he should’ve been doing all along?

5. obie says:

lol Joey you kinda stole my joke! so here’s another

Hardy – *see’s the foul lines and eye’s light up*
    Catcher – Sorry Jeff they are just chalk

6. Mike says:

There is truly a fine line between drug addict and someone who just likes drugs. Honestly I love Jeff he’s one of the biggest reasons I started watching wrestling in the beginning. To this day he’s one of my all time favorites. But the fact is the guy likes drugs. Yeah he’s been cleaning up and that’s great. But his history leaves him open to these shots.
    It all comes down to if the drugs control you or you control the drugs. If getting a little lucid is what helps him through his day so be it as long as he keeps it in check.
    I’m not promoting drug use but fact is there are people at every level in life who use some form of drug.

7. MattR says:

Maybe I was just raised different, but I don’t care whether he did the wrong thing before, he is on the right path now. Also, I’m not praising him nor do I feel sympathetic for him, but I also don’t think its right to judge/ridicule/joke about his past addictions. Also, if he is actually clean now, he should receive at least some praise, as it is no easy feat to break an addiction, regardless if he should’ve never did the drugs to get addicted to them. Everyone makes mistakes, and he’s trying to correct his mistakes. Also, all your comparisons don’t help your point: How I was raised when a waiter brings you food, you say thank you, a form of praise, when a person loses weight you congratulate them, a form of praise, and when someone says excuse me, you step aside respectfully because they decided to not just attempt to squeeze by you or plow through you. Quite frankly, I don’t find it funny, I find it disrespectful.

8. Anony-mouse says:

My comparisons are valid and do help my point.

Praise: Definition: the act of making positive statements about a person, object or idea, either in public or privately.

saying “Thank you” is not a form of praise… Is it the right thing to say if you have manners? Yes it is, but it’s not praising…. Praising would be saying, “WOW! It’s phenomenal how you brought me my bread sticks! I don’t think anyone else could carry it the way you do! You’re AWESOME!!”

When someone loses weight… You say, “Good.” Or say, “Good for you.” But that’s not really praising them.. You’re just acknowledging that it’s nice the aren’t slowing killing themselves with clogged arteries anymore… You’re not saying, “My goodness I don’t anyone on the planet could lose weight unless they’re you!”

Call it disrespect if you want, but I know what I’m talking about.

9. MattR says:

Then by what you just posted, I’m not praising Jeff Hardy. Is that why you decided to reply to the least important part of my previous post. I’m not praising Jeff, I’m simply saying that he is not the only person in the world that has made mistakes, nor is he the only one to try and right his wrongs. I’m simply saying, if he is clean good for him, and focus on that not dwelling on his past. Never intended on starting an argument.