Austin Aries tweets about not sniffing the main event, then removes it

- X-Division champion Austin Aries tweeted the following after Impact last night:

“I guess “I’m done” is code for “I’m booking myself in another PPV main event”. Yet the X-Division champ can’t sniff a main event… #Shocker”

He later removed the tweet.

Tags:

1. mshelez says:

I’m an idiot. What the heck does “sniff” a main event mean?

2. Discount-double-check says:

Well good God he is totally right. Sting is my all time favorite wrestler and even I feel he needs to stop this crap. It doesn’t make sense for TNA to be pushing for only having washed up, has been WCW/WWE stars cloud the main event. I’m talking about Bully Ray, RVD, and Jeff Hardy. None of these men put on a decent match anymore and its downright pathetic. And lets not forget Hogan, Flair, and Bischoff.

3. -J- says:

I agree with Aries, but they aren’t focused on the x-division anymore which is sad since that is what put TNA on the map.

4. RJ Ace says:

I’ll be looking for Aries to drop the title here in the next few weeks. He is the best thing going in TNA since James Storm cooled off in the last month and I’m sure this isn’t going to sit well with management. How dare he call out TNA for making another idiotic booking decision? I was a huge fan of Sting back in the day but he just can’t work main events anymore. He’s not bad as a special attraction novelty that wrestles a few times a year, but he hasn’t had a passable main event match in ages. The only way this makes any sense is if Sting does a clean, I mean a legitmate clean job to Roode in under 10 minutes. It’s just not realistic for a guy in his mid 50′s to be able to go toe to toe with the world champion in his prime.

5. James says:

At least his match with Roode is non-title.

6. Reign Supreme says:

This is the reason why I don’t watch TNA anymore. I want TNA to succeed so badly but ever since they put the 1 thing that makes them different from WWE is put on the backburner. Do like ECW did in the 90′s and let your own name talent go over legit on stars who got their name from other nationally televised programs (ECW, WWE, and WCW).

7. Meh says:

I agree with Aries. Problem is the only one from the X-Division thst ever wins World titles in TNA (besides Samoa Joe) is the Overrated AJ Styles who used to be part of WCW tag team a long with Air Paris called Air Raid. Styles is overrated in the sense that moves he does can be done by any cruiserweight and that he get pushed more than any of the others from X-Division.

Both Austin Aries and Christopher Daniels would make an awesome World Champion in TNA but instead they are stuck in the X-Division meanwhile Styles is allowed to win any title that he pleases.

8. Chris Epic says:

It’s funny if Roode had been champ for the better part of a year & he had beaten everyone I would be ok with this, because he could be another guy who tried but failed. I respect Sting for all he’s done, but unless ur fighting for the tag or TV Titles u shouldn’t be in any ppv matches