Batista comments on why he left WWE

The Sun has an interview with Dave Bautista who’s promoting Scorpion King 3. He claims he left WWE in 2010 due to the PG direction saying he prefers the more edgy attitude era material. “It’s well recorded I’m not a fan of the likes of John Cena or The Miz,” he said. “It’s such a different company these days and not in a good way.” He added that he has no current plans to return and last year turned down an opportunity to work on Tough Enough. “I just didn’t think it was for me. I hear it went well with Steve Austin and good luck to them. I need to be excited by a project and I didn’t feel that way about Tough Enough. If I did return to the WWE, it would be for a run not just a one-shot deal. I’d have to be a constant for them not someone who drifts in and out to boost ratings. If I did I’d love to work with Triple H again or Undertaker.”

(source: Wrestling Globe Newsletter)

Tags: , ,

1. N. Gaijin says:

Batista’s such a mark for himself, how does anyone take him seriously?

Especially considering he was around for a good portion of the “PG Era”, and fans of that era constitute a majority, if not the whole, of his fanbase. Geez, I’d suggest Steve make Dave his Jabroni of the Week for this week, but I wouldn’t want to give the muscleheaded primadonna anymore unwarranted attention.

2. Urvy says:

He should blame Benoit for the PG era…

3. AJ Starr says:

Wow… Batista is the worst kind of liar there is.

He expects people to believe they wanted HIM to train people on Tough Enough, and not Austin? What? Really?

Dave… you have lost your marbles. You’re a joke. The reason you’re not in the WWE anymore, is because you were by ALL reports; A whiner and a diva. You didn’t get your way, and you quit.

Good riddance, you were a waste of space and couldn’t even perform your own damn finishers correctly.

4. jim says:

He was probably gonna be where booker t was not stone cold

5. Nick says:

Actually, if I was to guess he would have had Hugh Morrus’s spot.

But I have to respect Batista. He saw what was going on around him was NOT GOOD, so he decided to spare his body for better pursuits, money or not.

I don’t understand why so many people see that as a bad thing.

6. miko w says:

he was not even in the attitude era

7. Chris James says:

Batista is becoming Hulk Hogan

8. bravest PAPAyA says:

The Attitude Era was, what, like 5 years? Before that, it was PG. I watched the Monday Night Wars in high school and enjoyed every minute of it. But, the boundaries HAVE been pushed. It will probably happen again someday, but wrestling has always had it’s ups and downs. I don’t see why people blame the PG product. It’s not the product, it’s the lack of competition.

9. -J- says:

Dave is hilarious, just hilarious.

10. raven12516 says:

Well I agree with him about Tough Enough. It was pointless.

11. chris says:

Can we file this under who gives a crap? Botchtista only got his spot because of who he was friends with. He was his generations Ahmed Johnson. A big lumbering guy who could work, couldn’t talk, and could only botch spots.

12. Fisha695 says:

The only difference between Cena/Miz & Batista is that Cena/Miz can actually work and are capable of speaking infront of large crowds. Other then those two important things Batista is exactly like them if not more-so generic then them.

13. no says:

batista was not even in the attitude era. its pretty ironic that batista is the person who benefited from pg era the most, other than cena that is

14. Adam says:

Batista was a joke and I am glad he’s gone. I remember so many times when he would try to do a promo and you could always know when he was stuck cause he’d start to do that hand over his mouth chuckle paired with the ” that’s funny Cena-Taker-Hunter-Sean-Insert name here…” He was a botcher, a diva and he plain out sucked. All he was famous for was being Hunter and Randy’s b@#$%h. Good riddance.

15. b says:

want batista back! keep hatin haters!