Jake Roberts on WWE Hall of Fame: “I know I belong in there”

Jake Roberts while speaking to www.wrestlingvoiceradio.com discussed his
chances of going into the WWE hall of fame. He said: “I know I belong in
there, a lot more than others that are in there but I don’t care about
that, the WWE was very good to me. I didn’t understand a lot of things,
I was not a good business man. Vince would call me say we need an idea
for this and I’d give him an idea and we’d just rock and roll with it. I
didn’t know I’d to go in there and fight for my money and my place and
the bottom line is the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I should of
recognized that. I should of done the right thing and been squeaky.”

(source: Wrestling Globe Newsletter)

Tags: , ,

1. smartbus says:

One of the best mid carders in the wwe back in the day. Last I saw of him he showed up to an event looking in poor shape. It’s too bad he was one of my favorites.

2. -J- says:

jake should have been wwf champ at least once, best ring psychology out there he looked like a creep wasn’t in great shape and yet was over because he sold the hell out of that character.

3. Reign Supreme says:

Agree 100% with J

4. kc says:

Sober up you drunk/druggie…maybe you will make it .

5. -J- says:

that drunk druggie is a legend and pioneer, sure the drugs and alcoholism and such play a factor in his not yet being inducted.

6. HOF Fan says:

If they banned all wrestlers that had drug or alcohol issues from the HOF, then Bret Hart would be banned since he had some prescription pain killer addictions a while back

7. Chris James says:

He wasn’t the only snake messin with the devil back then….

8. Chris James says:

A true legend, innovator of the DDT, and arguably in the top 5 best promo guys of all time.