Goldberg eyes Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania

Bill Goldberg – the former WCW and World Heavyweight champion – wrote on Twitter responding to a fan that he would do a match against Lesnar at WrestleMania if the opportunity comes. The original tweet was answered by Ross who said that a match between the two would be “miraculous,” although “highly unlikely.” And that’s when Goldberg came in with his response. “……I’d do it,” Goldberg wrote in reply to Ross’ tweet. Goldberg and Lesnar fought each other at WrestleMania XX at Madison Square Garden in New York City and that match ended up being Lesnar’s last match in his WWE career. The match – refereed by Steve Austin – was won by Goldberg but Austin had the last laugh of the night as he ended up delivering the stunner to Goldberg when the two were celebrating.

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

Tags: , ,

1. Simon says:

Not really interested in Lesnar returning,
    not really interested in Goldberg returning

BUT a Goldberg v Lesnar one off match does intrigue me, providing they can work it into some sort of story.

2. Agent Cooper says:

Weren’t they both booed out of the building the last time they had a Wrestlemania match?

3. Fatman101 says:

That Wrestlemania match had to be the worst in wrestling history.

4. Manolo says:

Last time they had a match, they were both leaving after it, that’s the reason they got booed. Now, with the two returning and with Brock Lesnar being even a bigger star than he was then, I don’t think this would end up being a boofest. Still don’t wanna see it though.

5. Todd says:

I’d rather see Lesnar vs Undertaker
    although we all know its Undertaker vs HHH III

6. dave says:

I am intrigued. This match would be huge so I doubt we’ll see it at Mania. Also with CM Punk v SCSA being touted for next years Mania..it’s hard to imagine it happening at a Mania.

7. Tyler says:

That was the worst match I’ve ever seen, nobody needs those bums.

8. -J- says:

No thanks…once was enough.

9. Kerry says:

I never was a Goldberg fan & the only place I would want to see Lesnar now is in MMA.

10. Andrew says:

If they bring Lesnar back at all it’d be to job to Taker ~ if its a one off he isn’t winning or ending the streak thats for sure. Goldberg is irrelivant and has been out of the public eye for too long.

On a side note, who does the polls here on gerwck ? A gorrila ?

I mean seriousily, Jon Jones vs Anybody, least of all Rampage or Shogun,arent even the top 100 fights of the year from a ‘ fotn ‘ standpoint. They both kinda sucked actually. The other fights listed are all good, but why, for the life of me, I cant understand why theyd even list bones vs rua or bones vs rampage. they were like borinng non competitive fights. You know by the fact jones vs jackson has 2nd place most people voting have absolutely zero clue about mma and are going soley with name recognition. Nor did they obviousily watch the fights cause a mentaly disabled monkeys anus wouldnt even put jones vs rampage in the running.

11. Drew says:

No! Anything but that! Why? WHY?!

12. N. Gaijin says:

@Andrew:
    I find Jones incredibly overrated. He’s just too sloppy. Give him another year or so, watch him slow down, and eventually fade into obscurity.