Which star drew more 10,000 fans 33 times in 2011?

source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

MOST MAIN EVENTS DRAWING MORE THAN 10,000 FANS

33- John Cena

17 – C.M. Punk, The Miz

12- Randy Orton

11 – Alberto Del Rio

6 – Christian

4 – The Rock, Averno, R-Truth

3 – Georges St. Pierre (includes one he sold all tickets for but was injured), La Mascara, Jon Jones, Brazo de Plata)

Tags: , , , ,

1. Ian says:

to compare UFC fighters with WWE entertainers is ridiculous on this list…if you look at the top gates GSP had 3 of the top 4.

2. James says:

I’m pretty sure the fans went there too see the show rather than lay down the cash for one individual. Some people may have, but 10,000 people? Nah.

3. Mike says:

I think most people paid money to watch Cena get his butt kicked, not just his fans

4. Fisha695 says:

@James, exactly I’ve never bought into the whole “I sold out X arena a million times” crap. Yes for Bands it works because generally it’s 1 band and maybe an opening band, but for Wrestling/MMA/Boxing/etc it doesn’t work. You don’t go to see 1 person, at the very least you go to see 2 people (the person & their opponent) and the vast majority of people have always gone to see the entire show from the entrances of the very first match to the ring announcers telling us to “Drive home safely”.

The only way they could ever make these kind of stats legit is to make everybody who buys a ticket fill out a survey at the time they buy the ticket.

5. mshelez says:

I can honestly say that when I bought my tickets for MSG a few months ago, I bought them specifically to see Punk. Wreslting has been around alot of times over the years but the last show I went to see was in 2002. Punk completely renewed my interest in going to live shows. By the time the show came around, I was extremely interested in several matches but that doesn’t change the fact that Punk got me interested in buying the tickets originally. This week tickets go on sale for another show in March but for that one, I am buying the tickets for the whole show and not just for one person.

6. b says:

AND CENA HATERS START IN 3… 2..1…. NOW

7. Really? says:

Shouldn’t it be a percentage, to get a real idea? How many times did he main event a show, and how many of those shows drew that kind of house? Cena certainly had a lot more time on top than the others.

8. Joan B. in S.C. says:

Really?, that’s what I was thinking a connection between main eventing a show and attendance.

9. Albert says:

Really? says:
    January 2, 2012 at 7:37 pm

===

cena main evented 44 shows (including PPVs)

10. Albert says: