Report: Former WWE diva turned down the Slammys

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Lita was actually the second choice for her spot at the Slammys Awards. Trish Stratus was asked to do the show first but turned it down.

Tags: ,

1. Captain Ass says:

Because of too much travel for a 5 minute spot on TV. BTW, ever notice how crappy both of them look without make up on? Lita looks like a man and Trish looks like a porcelain doll.

2. RJ Ace says:

Trish was smart not to take part in that embarassment of a show.

3. Leath says:

I find it funny how the WWE continues to try to shove Trish Stratus down the throats of the fans. Lita was arguably the most popular female in WWE history, and in my opinion the best womans’ wrestler the company has ever had, and it’s just pathetic that Trish is always on the top of their list as if she ever did anything that spectacular. She was a pretty good performer, her mic skills may have been the best amongst the girls, however, girls such as Lita, Molly Holly, Chyna and others are way better and it makes no sense to push a woman so heavily who isn’t even part of the company (in large capacity) anymore.

4. -J- says:

next time via satellite trish

5. Michael says:

Well I’m glad. It was Lita’s time to be in the spotlight. I hope to see more of her in the next few years.

6. Karl Solsom says:

So Lita played second fiddle to Trish again… it will never end

7. dave says:

I don’t like Lita personally and I am a fan of Trish but Lita was always the better performer and arguably at certain points, i.e Rated R a bigger draw.

8. David says:

Lol, uh what? Trish is easily the most popular women’s wrestler

9. DeathNote81 says:

LITA was the better wrestler? Every time she went for a moonsault, I thought she was going to CRIPPLE herself. She was hot, but a better wrestler than Trish? I think not.

10. b says:

@captain ass your absolutly right

11. Chris James says:

‘Hey Trish, nice to see you when you’ve got something to sell, selfish.’ – Christian