BOUND FOR GLORY: Angle vs. Roode (TNA Title)

TNA Championship
Kurt Angle (c) vs. Bobby Roode

The match kicks off with a little less than 25 minutes left of the PPV.

Roode goes for a crossface early and Angle gets the bottom rope for a break. They show Angle has his groin/leg taped up. Angle bails, Roode follows and Angle gets in a cheap shot when Roode follows him back in. Angle catches Roode with a big knee to the gut as he came off the ropes. Angle with a german suplex hanging on. Angle with a second. Angle with a third with a release. Angle goes up top, Roode jumps up with him and launches him back in a huge release german suplex. They show a replay and Angle came down really hard on his neck. Angle with an uppercut. Roode fights back with a series of rights and clotheslines. Roode with a blockbuster from the second rope. Angle with a release belly-to-belly suplex. Angle with a huge DDT planting Roode. Angle drops the straps and talks trash to Roode. Roode with a big spinebuster. Roode with a crossface locked on Angle. Angle reaches out and grabs Roode's ankle. Angle counters into an ankle lock. Angle screams at Roode to tap. Roode rolls through and counters back into the crossface on Angle. Angle rolls Roode over on his shoulders for a two count. Angle goes on the attack and Roode gets him back down in the crossface. Angle rolls through and connects with the Angle Slam, hook of the leg and Roode gets a shoulder up. Ankle lock applied. Roode rolls through again and plants Angle with another spinebuster. Roode with a fishermans suplex into a bridge for a CLOSE two count. We have a “LET'S GO ANGLE – LET'S GO BOBBY” chant going. Roode with a close rollup after rolling through another ankle lock. Roode counters an Angle Slam. Roode up to the middle rope and Angle pulls the referee in front of him. Roode drops down and Angle low blows Roode without the referee catching it. Angle with the Angle Slam, hook of the leg and Roode kicks out. Angle can't believe it. Angle with a german suplex holding on. Angle with a second. Angle attempts a third, but Roode counters and gets the crossface locked in. Roode pulls back yelling at Angle to tap. Angle is moving towards the ropes and gets his hand under the bottom rope to break it up. Angle with a Spear, hook of the leg and Roode kicks out. Angle is up top. Angle jumps, Roode sees it coming and gets Angle back down in the crossface. Angle slips out and Angle hits the Angle Slam. Angle hooks the leg. Roode's arm can be seen breaking the ropes under the bottom rope. The referee still counts the pinfall.

Winner and still TNA Champion: Kurt Angle

After the match, we see a replay of Kurt Angle hitting Bobby Roode with the Angle Slam and during the pinfall you can see Roode's arm under the bottom rope. The referee doesn't see it and counts the pinfall. Back live, we see a shot of Angle being helped to the back. In the ring, Roode has his hands over his face as the PPV goes off the air.

* Thanks for joining us tonight!

var zflag_nid=”790″; var zflag_cid=”4967″; var zflag_sid=”3778″; var zflag_width=”300″; var zflag_height=”250″; var zflag_sz=”9″;

zp8497586rq

Tags: , , ,

1. Kyle Christie says:

Waiting for the haters. :)

2. cold says:

Anybody else see Hebner throw up the X signal at the end of this, I think Angle may have really been hurt, I know that X sign is normally a sign for legit injury

3. Axel says:

Thank you TNA for RUINING the one thing you had going for you. The chance to actually make your own big star, someone not named AJ Styl;es who gets lost in the shuffle half the time, or Samoa Joe who has become nothing compared to his past. A chance to outshine their big players and TNA screws it up like always.

4. Criss Brian says:

Can’t even fathom how bad that was to end a PPV!

5. Kyle Christie says:

I bet if Bobby had one you would be saying im glad he won but it was predictable.

6. #AreYouSeriousBro says:

I don’t understand I don’t understand. I have been a follower of tna since 2005 and not once have I badmouthed it. It hasn’t been as good as it used to be and this year has been preety bad for tna. I would get annoyed with the tna haters on this site constantly bad mouthing a good company. I knew they would rebound and I thought bound for glory was the begining of a new era in tna. But no they end your biggest pay per view with a fucking mistake call? I saw this on summerslam 2months ago. Bobby roode deserves more then that, and I’m not talking about the character either. You don’t keep the title on a drunk like angle, and you sure as hell don’t end your biggest pay per view of the year with an ending like that, I have never been so livid with a pay per view ending before in my wrestling life ever

7. korey parker says:

I’m no upset that they put Angle over…thats fine….but to end it like that after a five month push just feels empty….like he had all of this spirit going into it and lost like that….just lazy booking to me……again==putting over Angle is fine but give me something to it

8. Travis says:

WOW. REALLY TNA? I actually had faith that TNA could not possibly screw this one up…that they would not screw this one up. Axel said it all so I won’t bother. UNBELIEVABLE. I guess maybe Vince should have had Shawn job out his boyhood dream at Wrestlemania 12 cause clearly TNA knows something Vince doesn’t.

9. Xern says:

I, actually, am interested to see where this goes. While I know that the consensus was that Roode would walk out of BFG with the title (further exemplified by the vignettes with his family, etc. during the TV show), I am going to do the unpopular thing and actually give TNA/Impact a nod on this one as they threw a bit of a swerve with Angle keeping the title.
    Honestly, this was a pretty face-dominated PPV: Aries and Mexican America were the only other heels to walk away victorious in the very first two matches with faces winning every other match up to the main event, so honestly I wasn’t too surprised to see Angle walk away with this one. Again, conjecture can fly about as to whom should have gone over whom and I won’t dispute that, all I am saying is that after 5 or 6 consecutive face wins, I wasn’t too surprised to see Angle win.

10. The XFL says:

This is TNA’s Wrestlemania? ..Ouch. There really is no competition :/

11. #AreYouSeriousBro says:

I said don’t keep the title on a drunk like angle. I regret saying that because kurt angle is one of the best pro wrestlers in the world today. I’m just so livid with that ending

12. Poopsy says:

I do call some major bullcrap on this one. This was a prime moment to make Bobby Roode one of TNA’s greatest wrestlers… Kurt Angle is a big wrestling veteran, Bobby went through high hell to get this shot, and BFG is like TNA’s Wrestlemania(yes, I called it TNA– I.d.c. about it being IMPACT). This was the PERFECT chance to make Bobby the champion, and then they just wipe their butts with the script, and throw middle fingers in our faces. This just makes Impact look like it’s just going to turn this into an even more stupid storyline. Hogan sucks.

13. Axel says:

One thing that blows is TNA had a chance to make a big name star for themselves. Robert Roode was ready for it, to be a name MADE in TNA and not elsewhere. When is the last time TNA did this? 2006. Samoa Joe. 2006. AJ Styles. Since then, TNA hasnt made a name themselves, relied elsewhere. Cmon, this was their chance to make a good move even if would have been predictable >.>

14. sunshinethewerewolf says:

@ Kyle Christie. how does TNA put their pants on in the morning with u hanging on their nuts ? Were u refreshing every five seconds to post “waiting for the haters” for every match? Relax.

15. Kerry says:

They did all this hype on Bobby Roode only to have him lose? Where’s the logic in this?

16. Kyle Christie says:

@sunshinethewerewolf No i wasn’t i just posted it because i knew people would be mad and i was right. And i only posted it here.

Which match would you prefer for Wrestlemania 31?

Do you have access to Destination America?

Should Christian be inducted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame?