Ric Flair: “I thought I had broken my arm”

“It was brutal. I thought I had broken my arm on that spot. I don’t know how I did it either,” Flair said Friday night in an interview with Mike Mooneyham when speaking on his match against Sting on Impact. “Sting put me down flat on that superplex, but somehow I hit something. It broke the bursa sack in my elbow. But at that moment I was sure I had broken my arm in half.”

“I went to the doctor today (Friday) and he said to just keep an eye on it for infections. But I feel great. Nothing hurts.”

Tags: , , ,

1. Rusty Shackleford says:

That’s what you get for taking ridiculous bumps like superplexes when you’re 60 something. It might have been time to retire like 10 years ago, Ric. Be a man and hang it up.

2. Kerry says:

Ric should stick to playing a manager/advisor type role onscreen.

3. Or, if you’re hopelessly addicted to the limelight/spending wayyyyy more than you earn at least, at least be a manAGER!

4. Ryan says:

IDK why TNA keeps Flair around, not to mention paying him $22,000 a month, while some of the talent barely make $800 per apperance. It’s bizarre that TNA think’s a 60 year old man can still draw and help there fight against the WWE. They really need a “real” wrestling mind to come in after Hogan/Bischoff leave, but Dixie is too stupid to give a guy like Paul Heyman or Jim Ross full control of what talent stays/goes, creative and booking.

5. Matt says:

Ric Flair is a legend and deserves what he is getting!

6. kev says:

Yes he is a legend but every legend has to quit at some point.

7. -Jay- says:

Ric stay in wrestling just not taking stupid bumps if you must compete, or just stay out of the ring before your bones turn to dust.

8. T says:

Ric has earned the right to hang it up when he wants to.

Yes many athletes stay too long (Deion Sanders – Ravens, Unitas – Chargers, Michael Jordan – Wizards, lots of boxers….etc ) but their legacy is not beyond repair.

Besides if any of you could get a nice paycheck for doing something you loved how many would give it up?

9. Hipnosis says:

I hope when I’m 62 I’m still going like Ric Flair ;)

10. kris says:

I hope when I’m 62 I’m retired and healthy, not killing myself to pay for a lifestyle I could never afford.