WWE calls an audible on Triple H’s return

The creative staff, feeling under a lot of pressure to put together two strong television shows this week, was changing much of the script for Raw on Monday leading up to the live event. The plan was for Triple H to return to the ring at the Survivor Series, but obviously, an audible was called after it was announced that CM Punk would face Kevin Nash at the Night of Champions PPV. For an unknown reason, Triple H changed the match at the end of Raw to himself vs. Punk. The word backstage last night was that Nash’s removal from the PPV was due to medical reasons, but we should know more on the situation shortly.

(source: Wrestling Observer)

Tags: , , ,

1. dave says:

so why book it before getting medical clearance? I’m guessing the CM Punk clicking jibe was more than just kayfabe.

2. -Jay- says:

Nash has both knee-clickitis and overthehillitosis.

3. chris says:

I wish they would call an audible on the whole “Supershow” gimmick.

Now guys like Drew McIntyre and Yoshi Totsu will getting buried even more, and when Raw needs a ratings spike, they can not really turn to having a three hour supershow because the whole idea will be meaningless because we’ve already been treated to a “supershow” for weeks on end.

This is why the WWE NEEDED TNA to do well on Monday Nights. Now the company knows that the NFL is going to bury them in the ratings, and they need a gimmick to keep viewers.

4. Hans says:

@Jay – Honestly, if it comes to choosing between Punk/Nash and Punk/Trips, I think we both agree that the latter is the better option, even if it does mean a more likelyhood of Punk getting completely buried

5. Philip says:

6. fairfax says:

Despite the fact that they where changing things around basically on the fly on monday night I think the real thing to focus on here is the long term. I have to say that whoever has taken over as the head writer for Raw they’ve done a good job thus far at mixing things up. And I think for the first time in quite a few years they have long term ideas that they are developing and setting into place. I wouldn’t look for the match between HHH and Punk to have a clean finish. There heading somewhere and I think we need to sit back and see where that is. As far as Nash goes why not have him around? The guys pretty good on the mic and let’s face it, in his prime he wasn’t having 5 star matches. And when did Raw become Ring of Honor? It doesn’t matter that the guy can’t have great matches because he doesn’t need to. If they book Nash like the way he was used in the Royal Rumble and protect his weaknesses he can play a good talking effective heal who will undoubtedly end up as Triple H’s running buddy. I personally think that Raw is better now than it has been in ages. And from what I’ve heard TNA had a super hot crowd and drew a lot better than anyone expected for there impact taping held outside orlando and I know they have two more dates on the road in the coming months. Its an exciting time to be a wrestling fan. Just my thoughts. fairfax

7. Kerry says:

“The real question was, why count on Nash in the first place?! Why book something on a guy with existing issues in the first place?”

Because he’s a member of the Kliq. Seriously, that’s the only reason. lol

8. Steve says:

I have to agree with you fairfax in that everyone seems to be stepping up their game. WWE, TNA and ROH all look to be trying to elevate their product and in that case the fans are the big winners. Who knows maybe a WWF,WCW, ECW like formula could re-emerge. Only time will tell.

9. -Jay- says:

Damn we’d be in for a treat, everyone stepping it up is long overdue but it’s looking hopeful now.

10. Patrick says:

Damnit, I had 20 bucks on Nash breaking a hip.