SPOILERS: TNA IMPACT FOR 9/8
Aug 26, 2011 - by Steve Gerweck
Taping results from Huntsville, AL courtesy of Matthew Stewart:
Between tapings, EY def. Robbie E , then Rob Terry came out and delivered the beatdown on EY. Robbie E and Rob Terry celebrated together.
- To start 2nd taping, Anderson comes out and says he still has title rematch to cash in, and he’ll do so tonight with Sting as guest enforcer.
- Winter and Angelina def. Velvet and Mickie when Winter pins Mickie.
- DVon and Pope def. British Invasion to become #1 contenders. Bully Ray, Gunner and Beer Money all get in the ring and Bully Ray talks about how every member of a tag team wants to win a WHC one day, but won’t tell his tag partner. Roode reaffirms that he and Storm won’t let BFG series come between them.
- Daniels def. Styles after Styles botches flying forearm smash attempt, Daniels refuses handshake.
- Mr. Anderson vs Kurt Angle ends in dq when immortal storms the ring. Gunner pins Bully Ray in a four corners match that included Beer Money. Jeff Hardy comes out to ring alone and talks about how he disgraced everyone last time he was here, and says all he can do is ask for one more chance.
Note: Big face reaction for Hardy, small boos. Back to his Modest theme, looked sober and sounded sober. Second biggest pop, with Sting consistently getting HUGE pops.