Steve Austin comments on possible match with CM Punk

In an interview with G4, Austin commented about a possible match with CM Punk, “It would be a great match-up. I’m not saying it’s going to happen. I’m not saying it’s not going to happen. It’s something to think about,” Austin said.

Tags: , ,

1. RJ Ace says:

Punk vs Austin > Cena vs Rock

2. Drew says:

Please Austin do it! Two of the best talkers in the business, the past vs the present! These two could have the best damn promos ever seen! plus their opposites austin a known drinker, punk, a straight edge guy, this match was made to happen!

3. James says:

Cena vs Rock > Punk vs Austin

Hope it happens though.

4. (another) Drew says:

Wrestlemania with Rock/Cena, Bryan’s title match, and Austin/Punk would be amazing.

5. RVD420 says:

Cena > Punk doesnt work in ANY category james, even in rap

6. James says:

Well RVD just as you are allowed to have an opinion so am I. I’m not looking forward to the match because of Cena. I’m looking forward to it because my favorite wrestler of all time is making a come back to the ring. Even if it is for 1 match.

7. Jake says:

RJ Ace said it best.
    Plus what Drew said. Add that to Wrestlemania and it will be insane

8. -Jay- says:

Yeah Austin Punk is out there each night, best in the world n whatnot…how about you just show up Austin 3:16, stop your movie carer and just show up Austin.

Its wrestle mania and John Cena is there every night Rock, lil Jimmy is there too…joo can’t c me.

9. Tynen says:

Dude Punk > Cena Austin > Rock therefore
    Punk V Austin > Cena V Rock

10. chris says:

Either match is good, but this match seems like it would have a better build, and probably wouldn’t be dragged out as much.

11. John says:

Foley v Punk?

12. RJ Ace says:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely looking forward to Rock vs Cena. I just think potential promos between Punk and Austin could be gold. Cena and The Rock started out with some great exchanges but have been reduced to childish insults. I think WWE should do Wrestlemania 29 in the new Dallas Stadium. Punk vs Austin in Austin’s home state would easily sellout over 100,000 seats. I wouldn’t expect 5 Star workrates in either match but the pure spectacle of both will make for classic confrontations.

13. Steigasaurus says:

@RJ Ace

I doubt they would host another Wrestlemania in Texas so soon. WM25 was in Houston.

14. Renato says:

Cmon Stone Cold, you’re better than this, dont do it, its a waste of your precious time.

Besides, this match wouldnt be believable, who would actually put to thought Cm punk beating Stone Cold Steve Austin?

15. james says:

How about Austin vs. The Rock? I feel like I’ve seen that one before though…..

16. RJ Ace says:

@Stegiasaurus – I would have thought the same thing but Florida is hosting Wrestlemania for the 2nd time in 5 years next year.

@Renato – Your statement makes no sense and is wrong on so many levels. It doesn’t really matter who Austin faces anyway because it’s highly unlikely he jobs to anyone in his 1st match back.

17. Kerry says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Punk vs. Austin, but I’d rather see Stunning Steve Austin, not Stone Cold. What’s the difference? Austin was a much better, technical wrestler when he was younger, but as he got older, and probably due to injuries & changes in his body, he became less of a wrestler & more of a brawler, with a roughneck style. I prefer the Stunning Steve persona over Stone Cold as well.

18. James says:

Now don’t get me wrong. I enjoy watching CM Punk but I believe that a lot of people are piping him up to be something he is not. All of a sudden he does 1 single shoot promo and now he’s the best in the world. You know why people are giving him massive props atm? Because he is reminding you of what wrestling USED to be. Where was all this love for him in the past years? No where.

19. MiZery says:

Always been a huge fan of Punks, couldn’t stand watching him in WWE due to the simple fact that after all the years I watched him on the indy scene… all we ever got was an extremely watered down version of him.

20. Hans says:

MiZery – I would hardly call the Punk we have now a watered down version of himself, even in today’s goody two-shoes PG era.

21. RJ Ace says:

@James – I don’t know what you’ve been watching but Punk has had people chanting his name from day one in WWE. Face or heel, the guy is brilliant. Sure he’s gotten more attention lately because of his epic promos but I can’t remember a time he wasn’t over with the live crowds and definitely the IWC. A few months after he debuted in 2006, he was standing next to HHH and Shawn Michaels as part of Team DX at Survivor Series and people were chanting his name so loud that HHH had no choice but to acknowledge the fans. He was cheered at the Royal Rumble this year, he was cheered throughout his feud with Randy Orton, and he was cheered during his feud with Rey Mysterio on Smackdown. The guy is the most captivating wrestler in WWE and there isn’t a close 2nd.