Update on Gail Kim

Gail Kim via Twitter:

“This is the current situation 4 every1 who’s asking: I quit last mon. And apparently after a total of 5 yrs of working for a co. where I was not utilized or appreciated,I’m now 4 some reason,valuable enough 2 keep me under the remainder of my contract so I can’t work elsewhere. Controlling? Thoughts?”

Tags: ,

1. Jono K says:

So shes getting paid to do nothing??

2. art123guy says:

I assume they’ll have her lose to every other Diva until her contract is up. Since they are cutting people to save money, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let her go but tell her she can’t wrestle anywhere else until her original contract expired.

Seems a poor way to spend money and run a company.

3. chris says:

I got to meet Mark Jindrek a few years ago, and he was saying that the WWE tries to make sure that workers sign the no complete clause (which could be a sherman act violation…not sure). He said he was pressured, and still refused to sign.

4. Nick says:

She’s getting paid a very minimal amount so that she can’t jump to TNA for another year or so instead of three months from now. That’s basically what’s happening here.

5. -Jay- says:

Cry me a river Gail…stop being a bitch and wait it out and collect your checks good grief.

6. Denis says:

From reading the Sherman Act, I think Chris might be right. But again, I am no lawyer, so I could be reading it wrong. But I think WWE might be in violation.

7. Marissa says:

Just cause they’re “keeping her under contract” doesn’t mean she’ll be working. And if she does, it will probably only be as a jobber at house shows. Don’t really understand why WWE dropped 2 of the 4 divas that can actually wrestle. Now all we have left are Beth and Natalya. Are we basically gonna watch the two of them go around beating the crap out of the 20 other divas that can’t wrestle to save their lives? Not that I particularly mind that, but still. I’d actually see the Divas have some use for once.

8. James says:

She has a legitimate reason to be mad. Ever since they brought her back they have been making her job against divas who can’t do anything. She hasn’t been given a shot at the title at all. She was one of if not the best diva they had and they just left her on the sidelines for two years. I would be quite mad too.

9. B-Rad says:

Poor Gail.

I’m getting really annoyed by WWE and their treatment of her. If they’re not going to use Gail, someone who has proven she can get over/help get over an entire women’s division, but use someone like Kelly or Eve or the Bella’s over her (none of which can even run the ropes properly or seem to have any personality) then why shouldn’t she complain?

This is wrestling (even though they say it’s entertainment). Nobody wants to watch toothpick, bikini models looking like morons in a wrestling ring. They want to see people who actually know what they’re doing.

I would like to hope that they’d actually start USING her in this angle, as she could use everything she’s said and it would fit perfectly into what they’re doing with Beth and Nattie. However, they’ll probably just keep her there, wasting away because they know if they let her go, she’ll find success elsewhere.

10. ME says:

Gail Kim = Overrated

11. fan says:

So she leaves WWE for the second time because she has to job out. She leaves TNA because she doesn’t make enough money. Maybe she should just leave wrestling

12. mshelez says:

She should have stayed in TNA. I don’t watch TNA so I didn’t know who she was before coming here but I have found her personality nothing but boring. Don’t get me wrong, she can wrestle, but in the WWE, its not just about the in-ring ability. So if her personality is boring, she isn’t going to go anywhere.

13. art123guy says:

She was let go from WWE the first time.

Yes, she left TNA because she wanted more money on her new contract. When she arrived at TNA, she was mainly AMW’s valet. After the Knockout’s division took off and was getting the best ratings on the show, her stock and worth rose. She had every right to ask for more money and as I recall, it wasn’t even a ridiculous amount. She was obviously more valuable towards the end of her run at TNA than at the beginning and wanted to be justly compensated. She also said she hated leaving, but it was a financial decision.

14. Kerry says:

Jay – How exactly is she being a bitch?

ME – Overrated? She’s the best active women’s wrestler there is. Period.

15. DeathNote81 says:

@ Mshelez – Tell that to Kelly Kelly. She doesn’t even HAVE a personality. She just smiles a lot.

I swear, wrestling is a funny business.

16. Bob says:

I have a job for her.

17. Steve says:

I agree with Kerry, she is one of the best womens wrestlers in the world. She is being mistreated by a sports entertainment company. I agree with an earlier statement, she should have never left TNA, for I feel she created the Knockouts Division along with Kong.

18. -Jay- says:

She knew what WWE was about when she came back…she could have stayed put in TNA where she made pennies but she wanted the bigger payday. Sit out the contract collect the checks and then move on, or continue the bitching via twitter where fans can share in the pity party.

19. marty mcfly says:

gail kim- boring.
    eve torres= boring.
    kelly kelly= BORING.

insert more here_

20. IronHyde says:

The fools that have nothing logical to add to this thread because you don’t like or watch womens wrestling should stop posting in it.. brainless idiots.

21. Kerry says:

“gail kim- boring.
    eve torres= boring.
    kelly kelly= BORING.

insert more here_”

marty mcfly = Boring.

22. Jim says:

She won the WWE Women’s Championship in her FIRST TELEVISED MATCH! Not appreciated or utilized? GTFO you self-centered maniac, and really, after raeding that, don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

23. art123guy says:

Jim:
    She means underutilized TODAY, not 2002 when she won the belt. WWE Women’s wrestling was completely different back then. Trish, Molly, Victoria, Lita just to name a few. They actually wrestled AND had personalities. Plus, matches were longer than 2 minutes and had less than 10 Diva’s in the ring.

She’s not complaining about not being champ, she just wants to wrestle. I doubt she’d have a problem putting over the talentless Divas as long as she had the chance to wrestle.