Incentives announced for WWE ’12 pre-orders

THQ Inc. yesterday announced new details surrounding the company’s
pre-order retail incentive programs in the United States and Canada for WWE
12, the forthcoming release from the renowned WWE flagship videogame
franchise. The Rock will be available as a playable character for consumers
who pre-order the game at any participating retailer within the United
States or Canada for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. The Rock’s in-game
character will resemble his current-day appearance, including a shaved head
and new tattoos. In addition, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system owners who
pre-order the game at GameStop in the United States or EB Games in Canada
will receive bonus attire for WWE Superstar The Miz. Consumers will have
access to his popular “I’m Awesome” entrance t-shirt, as well as one of his
trademark business suits. Those interested in WWE ’12 for the Wii will
automatically receive The Rock as a playable character, as well as The Miz’s
alternate entrance gear options, as part of their purchase.

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

Tags: , ,

1. Will says:

The only incentive I’d need is getting rid of that horrible WWE Universe mode. It’s pretty ridiculous that someone interferes in almost every single match.

2. Jose says:

Or, you defeat your opponent, then the match gets re-started.

3. AJ Starr says:

How is that any type of incentive? Get a bonus character that’s always in the game anyway? Big deal. No wonder that company is so far in the red they’ll be bankrupt within 2 years… pathetic!

4. Cenaplsgoaway says:

PC version would be a nice incentive for millions and millions of Rocks fans

5. Jake A. says:

Last years game was ruined by them taking about my ability to put the title on anyone I wanted.

This franchise is all about taking 1 step forward and then 4 steps back and I’m getting tired of having to buy a new one every year to get something broken fixed but then having something fixed being broken at the same time

6. David says:

Amen, Will. I was excited about WWE ’12 until I read the press release that touted “WWE Universe Mode 2.0″ and I cringed. All I want is the ability to defend Championships whenever I choose! And yes, the whole “interference in every match” deal is lame too. At the VERY least, they should provide an option to turn off said Universe mode.

7. AJ Starr says:

Seriously guys, don’t worry about it. Within a couple of years, a new company will HAVE to start making the WWE games. THQ is losing millions every month, because fans are catching onto their BS “We improved the game” speeches. It’s why there is not going to be a UFC 2011… because they did the same thing there; “We improved it, it’s all new!” and turned out to be better graphics and cage moves… that’s it. UFC 2010 was one of the most traded in games within a couple months of it’s release.

THQ’s 2010 loss was over $100 million, and they’ve lost over $30 million just in the last fiscal quarter.

Unless they put the BEST wrestling game the world has ever seen, they will not make it to do WWE 2013, and if you ask me, they deserve to go bankrupt for screwing people over for so many years. They are the worst game makers I have ever seen!

If any of you ever watch the Angry Video Game Nerd, most NES games that are broken down pieces of junk, are done by LJN rainbow. It’s a running gag, that EVERY game with their logo, is an unfinished, unpolished, worthless pile of mis-programmed garbage.

Well… LJN became THQ… literally. So, I’m not surprised.

8. UFC GUY says:

Umm… There is a new UFC Undisputed game..

UFC Undisputed 3… still by THQ, and it looks great. New modes, more KOs, more realism…

Not really a good point there…

9. Mackdeezy says:

David

I turned it off on my 2011 o.0

10. Meh says:

The Rock’s popularity + The Rock as DLC makes sense from a business point of view since THQ can use his popularity to make money. The only people who would be affected by The Rock being available s DLC only are the people who don’t have a PS3 or a 360 with internet access.

11. chris says:

People who complain about small things in Universe, are generally too lazy to do them themselves. Theres the title glitch, plus the fact that u can switch champs whenever. Yeah the interfirence os annoying at times, its a small oversight.

12. AJ Starr says:

Last I read, they said they weren’t going to do a new one since 2010 was a huge bomb and cost them tens of million s of dollars.

I’m starting to think they WANT to go bankrupt.

13. Deathedge says:

Can anyone tell me one perk faces got in that WWE Universe mode. The only one I could think of was the ability to turn heel so you can get all the heel benefits.

14. Mackdeezy says:

AJ Starr

Haha, definitely agree with you on the avgn videos, he loves to trash them badly