Video: CM Punk returns to Raw

Tags: , ,

1. Mshelez says:

I would have liked to have seen this play out longer outside of the ring, but I’m glad to see him back. He really reminds me of Stone Cold only in a PG era. Long live the Punk reign!!

2. Matt says:

Yes!! CM Punk is back, even though he never went anywhere! But no liking the new music too much. The Darkest Day entrance was one of the best, if not the best, entrance songs there is.

3. KING444 says:

that used to be stone cold’s old theme song, anyone here who watched wwf in the 90’s would know (like me)

4. James says:

I love the music. Living Colour ROCKS!!!

5. Eric says:

thats a good tune cult of personality if i’m not mistaken, his old music from killswitch engage – this fire burns was good too

6. Radar says:

matt what are you talkin bout i love the new theme. listen to the song it fits punk to a t. mshelez your right they should have played punk out of the company holding the title hostage longer. having wwe portray that the title cena holds is the real one yet we all know that punk holds the actual belt. then bring him back with his roh buddys that are in FCW and do like a new nwo deal, but wwe likes to rush thinkgs like cean rock at mania 28 cause that just tells us that come the rest of this year cena will hold the title for more then 50% of the time now till mania and its just retarded. wwe needs to get back to the basics of storyline wrighting like it was back in the 90s and early 2000s its to predictable now. o BTW PUNK IS GOD

7. Phil says:

Matt…watch some of his old Indy promotion matches…he used this song back in the Indy days, they’re bringing in the old CM Punk basically…kudos to WWE.

8. Boycott Facebook says:

So punk is face and cena turns heel?

9. N. Gaijin says:

1) While it would’ve been nice to have seen this protracted to until maybe around Survivor Series, seeing it on TV, it just felt perfect. The crowd reaction to Punk says it all. I know I’ll prolly get flogged for saying this, but you’d almost think “Dwayne” himself had stepped through those curtains. I very much agree with you on this Mshelez, I’m feeling a very strong Stone Cold vibe – in a good way, not in a “Austin wannabe” way.

2) While I did like “This Fire Burns” as his theme, “Cult of Personality” fits so much better on a couple of levels. Firstly, as a few have already pointed out on another article, this was one of his RoH themes. Secondly, it just suits him right now. The title of the song, the lyrics, the energy… it works. I’m sure the fans would have instantly popped if they had heard “YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH” at the end of that match, but there’s no doubt this theme will catch on if WWe sticks with it.

10. Ricardo says:

Punk used this song in ROH when he was ROH Champion.

11. Anony-mouse says:

It wasn’t Darkest Day… It was This Fire Burns by Killswitch Engage.

12. Joey Landis says:

Obviously KING444 did NOT watch WWF in the 90s, because Steve Austin NEVER used Cult of Personality as his theme.