CM Punk crashes WWE Panel, confronts Triple H

link: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/118/1183201p1.html

CM Punk crashed the the joint Mattel/WWE panel – WWE: Past, Present and Future – at San Diego Comic-Con, featuring WWE superstars Triple H, Rey Mysterio and the legendary Bret Hart.

Punk announced himself via bullhorn and then, with WWE Title in hand, took to the designated question-asking mic and began to awesomely speechify! Punk took exception to the fact that they were trying to crown a new champ on RAW and then challenged Rey, or anyone else who wanted to be champ, to head out to Chicago to take him on.

Punk then also asked Triple H and RAW writer Brain Gewirtz why Zack Ryder wasn’t on TV. Triple H, in what seemed to be a part of a storyline, told Punk that things had changed on RAW and that there was a new regime. He told Punk to give him a call. Punk responded by telling Hunter that he was sure Stephanie had his number

(thanks to Anthony Jacobs for passing along the link)

Tags: , ,

1. mshelez says:

This is so great!! I can’t wait to see where this goes. I think this is the change we have all been hoping for.

2. @mshelez, I freaking hope so. For years I’ve never been a fan of what the WWE has done but i’ve held on hoping that eventually they’d realize that things needed to change. Maybe this CM Punk thing is that change, to be quite frank things can only go up from here.

3. O says:

That’s actually pretty cool, in my opinion

4. marty mcfly says:

“unk responded by telling Hunter that he was sure Stephanie had his number” owned trips!!

5. dave says:

Wow, this just confirms the worked angle is in progress. Punk is already under a new contract with the WWE or his working as a free agent, which I doubt.

6. Rex Anderson says:

I hope CM Punk has some true plan, because as ive learned, the only ass on WWEtv that had a plan and is still going is Triple H. Ok well, you know what I mean.

7. Ronald B. says:

Are they planning to do a reality show soon?

8. Mshelez says:

I had read that they were going to take the storyline to the WWE.com website and Punk’s twitter but this is so much better than that. Its completely unexpected. I really love it and feel like a giant kid watching it all play out.

9. seanyd says:

CM Punk, Colt Cobana, Zack Ryder and ???? Vs. Triple H, Cena, Rey and ????

Nice summerslam main event ;)

10. T says:

Why do I feel the WWE will screw this angle up?

11. RJ Ace says:

@T – How would you book the angle?

12. Drakeo says:

I’m in agreement with all of you here I’m really loving this angle!

ALL HAIL THE PUNKER THE ONE AND TRUE WWE CHAMPION!!! :P