WWE to construct a physical hall of fame

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE has made the decision to very soon start construction on a physical Hall of Fame. No word yet where it will be, but it has been reported that Orlando has express interest.

Tags: ,

1. Jeff says:

why is orlando the first place that came into my head? i hear there’s a great place right across the street from the impact zone that would be a nice place for a HoF

2. SeanB says:

conetticut would make the most sense

3. Jon says:

Why don’t they build it in Stamford? Or does that make way too much sense?

4. Mackdeezy says:

Lol, isn’t this what Billy graham’s beef was among other things?

5. deathedge says:

That would be irony, right down the street from Universal!

Still, I’d go to see it, but wouldn’t Conneticut, New York, or somewhere up north make more sense.

6. Randy Barns says:

“Orlando has expressed interest”

I’m mixed about this…..considering the money at hand it could be an amazing building and awesome vacation……..could also be a huge waste of money (both being spent by people and that being invested)

7. Cody T. says:

Should be in the Northeast.

8. Captain Ass says:

This should make Superstar Billy Graham happy. Oh wait, he’s back in bitter mode so nothing makes him happy now. After all, that’s why he sold his Hall Of Fame ring on Ebay, because WWE didn’t have (at the time) plans to build a physical HOF building. Oh well, a little late now, Bitter Star.

9. Chad says:

They should have just kept WWE New York open. Filmed a weekly show from there abit like Shotgun Saturday Night, have a Hof fame and divas taking their tops off too.

10. AdamC says:

I’m sure the WWE and the McMahons have enough funds to create a “Mount Olympus” style HoF in the clouds….. Mabye it’s just me, or the mescaline finally kicking in.

On a serious note, why not just re-open the site of WWE New York, and host it there? :S

11. Ken says:

What about Tampa, Fl where almost every wrestler seems to live. Tampa is rich in wrestling history and the FCW HQ is located here.

12. Vinny says:

@AdamC I’m sure the Hard Rock Cafe wouldn’t just hand over the site of WWE New York. Should be in Stamford.

13. Derrick says:

Should be across the street from HQ. That way wrestlers can make appearances more often, and tourists who drive to see the WWE HQ will go to the Hall of Fame and vice versa.

14. Mshelez says:

It should be in Connecticut since that is where the headquarters are. My second thought would be NYC since back in the day, they were always around NYC and NJ. I am such a geek. I would LOVE to go to the hall of fame and see some of the costumes close up, look at some belts, etc. I’ve often wondered why they didn’t make one sooner. I mean, if someone can make a ketchup museum, why can’t we have a physical hall of fame?