Update of the creative process in WWE

We previously noted that Michael Hayes is no longer the head writer for Smackdown, and now it appears Brian Gewirtz is no longer the head writer for Raw. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that David Kapoor (Ranjin Singh) is now head writer of Raw in the sense he and his staff put together the scripts for the show and Kapoor is the actual writer. Ed Koskey has the same role on Smackdown. Gewirtz’s role is to give ideas for both Raw and Smackdown to Vince and Stephanie. Hayes still submit ideas for both shows, and pass along directions to the agents.

Tags: , ,

1. Adam Bockler says:

Is this why RAW has been a pretty good show the last few weeks? I haven’t seen much of SmackDown lately so I can’t comment on it.

2. RJ Ace says:

Thank God! Brian Gewirtz’s idea of comedy is terrible. The guy wrote some good promos for The Rock back in the day and he’s been living off of that the last 10 years. Vince Russo is a terrible writer at this point, but even he has written for a show that’s been able to maintain it’s audience the last 5 years. Raw has been on a slow steady decline ratings wise since 2002. I do think it’s a mistake to remove Michael Hayes though. Smackdown is usually decent but it suffers from being pre-taped and WWE putting so much focus and energy into Raw.

3. Really? says:

Is this why they are pushing Mark Henry so hard, in a feud against the Big Show for a match nobody would want to see, and the only good thing on the show are CM Punk’s bullet point promos the writers have little to do with?

4. Jon says:

Actually even though no IWC fan would want to see Mark Henry and Big Show fight because they’re both bad wrestlers, a casual fan would be into it because how well the feud was developed these past few weeks between the two

5. Ronald B says:

I sense that the Attitude era is coming back soon.

6. Steve Urkel says:

I guess it is a stressful job being a wrestling writer and booker for any promotion:WWE or TNA.

Which explains why Vince Russo is still doing the job: Because he actually likes the job and is dependable.

No other ex-wrestler has ever stepped up to try the job. Mick Foley complains about TNA’s poor writing but has he ever bother to submit his resume to TNA for that job?

Why don’t these ex wrestlers or guys who are now in the end of their careers submit a resume and try their hand at writing this stuff instead of knocking the current guys who are doing it.

It’s easy to play Tuesday morning quarterback!

7. Agent Cooper says:

This is good. Brian Gerwitz is a dreadful writer and the only reason he held the head writer position for so long is because he was a kiss-ass and shared Vince’s childish sense of humor. He makes Vince Russo look like Shakespeare by comparison. I remember reading a Raven shoot interview where he details exactly what a little turd Gerwitz is behind the scenes.

8. Steve says:

I love when people say IWC like it is some promotion or syndicate. Maybe for those way too into wrestling but a lot of us just like to keep up with wrestling on the internet. Perhaps the IWC is where AJ Starr wrestles. Him and RJ Star and the other make believe superstars who call people marks but need to look in them mirror.

9. RJ Ace says:

@Steve – The only time I’ve ever referred to other people as marks on here was a few weeks back when there were idiots that thought CM Punk was actually “shooting” on WWE. It’s part of a storyline, which has been proven the last few weeks. Everything Punk has said up to this point has been 100 percent work even if there is alot of truth to it. As far as calling me an “imaginary superstar”, it’s a screen name genius. I’m not a wrestler, I never could be a wrestler, and I don’t want to be a wrestler. RJ is my initials and I put Ace at the end because I like poker, it has nothing to do with being a pretend wrestler. People pick screen names so it gives them an identity on an anonymous message board. There are probably 5 Steves on here. I’m sorry you’re not intelligent enough to come up with a screen name Stevie boy. By the way, whether you like AJ Starr or not, he actually was a wrestler at one point. He’s posted videos on Youtube so calling him an “imaginary superstar” proves how dumb you really are Steve. Do your research before you come on here insulting people.

10. -Jay- says:

What’s worse a mark or a smark?

Does it even matter…hell no, wrassling fans fall into one category or the other big deal.