WWE registers new trademark for The Undertaker

PWInsider.com reports that WWE has registered the trademark “The Last Outlaw” recently.

Tags: ,

1. Kerry says:

I’m guessing he will have a new gimmick whenever he returns.

2. Thomas says:

He’s coming back then?

3. Sub Zero says:

He is coming back on 2 20 12

4. Gaul says:

Last Outlaw? 2 20 12? What? Sting is coming to WWE? Oh sorry, jumped the gun. lol

5. Helio says:

Isn’t it kind of late in his career for a new tag line? Save something for the younger talent, why don’t ya?

6. -Jay- says:

They were calling him that with the Johnny Cash music before his hiatus.

7. RJ Ace says:

He was being called The Last Outlaw just a few months ago guys.

8. Captain Ass says:

Correct, AJ. I sincerely hope his next appearances aren’t until next year from the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania. Let him get his record to 20-0 at Wrestlemania and then for God sakes RETIRE already! He has done so much to his body that I cringe when I see him have grueling matches because you KNOW he’s in a lot of pain, for real. I remember buying his “This Is My Yard” DVD from years ago, and even back to the days with his wars with Yokozuna, he said that he had some serious injuries to the extent of contemplating retirement. That was over 15 years ago! So you see, the man has given us enough, and it’s time for the last outlaw to ride into the sunset after Wrestlemania 28.

9. Captain Ass says:

Sorry….I meant RJ, not AJ. :) Hard to think at 2 AM (my time).

10. fairfax says:

I don’t see any reason as to why taker can’t come back for the next several years right around january and have one big match at mania. He’s not just another talent or “legend” its the undertaker for Gods sake. His character has been invincible for the past 20-21 years. And the man behind the gimmick is probably one of the greatest athletes the wwe or wrestling in general has ever seen. He can have big time marquee matches against anybody OTHER than the younger talent because let’s face it, taker doesn’t lose at mania. How about undertaker vs. Mick Foley one last time at next year wrestlemania. Maybe the following year they can convince the Rock to come back once more. They could continue to do these matches just like the one he had with triple H for the foreseeable future, just my thoughts. fairfax

11. Gentleman Gaga says:

Hahaha American Bad Ass 2.0

12. Steve says:

THey should give hima new nickname like “Hobbles”.

13. raven12516 says:

“The Last Outlaw” thing is cool, but I don’t really care for Taker’s new theme.

14. Kerry says:

I was a fan of this guy BEFORE he was Undertaker & know how much he has put himself through for over 20 years. Maybe this will be The Last Ride for The Last Outlaw.

15. Rasha the vudoo mon says:

I was just reading Wrestling At The Chase and near the end they say that Sporting news did and article on Bruiser Brody’s death, and in the article they call him “The Last Outlaw”. I’m sure someone knows that and Taker knew Brody and i’m sure respected him… Maybe it’s his idea I just hope WWE doesn’t act like they invented something new…..

16. Asterik says:

I don’t know about you guys but Johnny Cash’s rendition of “Ain’t No Grave” just sounds eerily epic and it fits The Undertaker’s persona, the Last Outlaw huh, I want to see the biker Taker again just once, that’s his true outlook, and if I can recall he was more violent and ruthless while under the “American Badass” moniker.

17. david r. says:

Sorry fairfax, that’s your opinion and I respect it, but I damn sure don’t agree. We are trying to get new talent in the spotlight, not keep bringing back legends for seven final hurrahs, like Flair and Hogan. Sure, I understand it’s Taker, and I respect the hell outta him for everything he has given, and that’s why he should have the last match at WM28, get to 20-0, and before WM29, first ballot HOF. Plus, I personally don’t like the whole ‘Last Outlaw’ thing, I can’t imagine him saying in his deadman voice ‘Rest…in…peace…yeehaw…’. Maybe that is just me, but it is how I picture an outlaw talking.