CM Punk: “I’m embarrassed”

CM Punk commented on the homophobic slur he was caught using on camera in Australia on his Twitter account:

“I’m glad TMZ posted that video because everybody needs to be held accountable for their bull****, me included. What I said was bull****. I’m embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words.”

Tags: ,

1. Beast says:

It’s okay, Punk you’re AMAZING.

2. Thomas says:

So, wait… you can’t even be OFFENSIVE when you’re INSULTING somebody? Wow. Oh, well. Nevermind.

3. Ian says:

Well it’s not okay…not one part of it is okay, but at least he owned up to it and I give him props for that at least.

4. Nuff Said says:

Punk trying to be mature now? OMG the Rapture truly is upon us!!!

5. Silent J says:

I have plenty of gay friends and use that word all the time around them. The only peole in an uproar are the special interest groups that try to dictate what they deem is “PC”. If anyone is old enough to remember ALL IN THE FAMILY, that show was grounbreaking funny and honest. That show could never succeed today. Neither could the attitude era. You want Attitude and hate PG but when push comes to shove people hide behind what others deem right and wrong. Im not saying be mean to people. People must be held accountable for their actions but let someone succeed or fail from their actions not the actions of special interest groups and 24/7 news outlet.

P.S. We need a Loose Cannon

6. name says:

Punk was just doing his job! What he said wasn’t even “homophobic”. It’s not even gay-bashing, seeing as how homosexuals use terms like “homo” themselves.
    Most special interest groups are out for themselves anyway, not for the people they claim to represent.

I get where Punk is coming from, though. Being scrutinized by the melodramatic TMZ and working for a company that doesn’t condone this.. yeah, I suppose I’d apologize too.

7. James says:

So is it alright for me to cause an uproar if I’m referred to as ‘hetero’?

8. Captain Ass says:

What everyone has to understand is that it is easy to get caught up in the moment, especially when you are being heckled by someone who’s drunk or persistent enough for it to finally get to you. Yes, these guys and gals are in the public eye, but let’s face it, anyone could nit pick about anything and it would make “dirt sheet news”. Heels AKA “bad guys” are supposed to insult people and give them a hard time. That’s part of their job. Who are we to set a limit on them? People need to be less sensitive and not as thin skinned. As someone else said on another thread, we have the right to opinions, regardless of what they are, and nobody has to like them. Silent J is 100% when he talks about the show All In The Family. I happened to have loved that show because it was funny AND ground breaking. Sh*t happens, people, let’s not make too much drama out of it, especially because the “evil wrestling” business was the culprit this time.

9. bob holly says:

punk was being a great heel, my god i heard so much worse in the 80s at events when i was a kid. i saw colnel debeers. nuff said. no need to apologize, if you got offended youre a homo with a vagina.

10. mshelez says:

Had to go and find the video before I could comment. After watching it, there really isn’t much to say. Big deal. I’m a woman, blonde, polish and not exactly in shape. My GOD, there are constantly jokes about women, blondes, pollacks and overweight people and no one bats and eye. These jokes are open for everyone. Get over it.

11. daniel says:

wait so it wasn’t a script?

12. Ian says:

@name: yes the term homo is a derogatory term when it is said by a heterosexual person that should never be said…it’s the same as a white person saying the n word to an african american person even though they say it to each other…its derogatory by anyone outside the group.

13. -Jay- says:

Hey he got his name in a headline just as he wanted, CM Punk can be the next big pro wrestling celebrity and revive the boring scene IF he stays on the grand stage that WWE provides and they promote him. It can be a win-win situation for all involved.

14. Steve says:

Ignoring the debate over whether it should or shouldn’t be said I just want to say my respect level for CM Punk grew even higher. I think anyone who can admit when they feel they made a mistake is a better person than most. Very classy move on his part.

15. Kerry says:

“…it’s the same as a white person saying the n word to an african american person even though they say it to each other…its derogatory by anyone outside the group.”

That’s BS. If it’s considered derogatory when one person or group says it, it should be considered so when anyone says it regardless of who they are or how it was used.

16. Anony-mouse says:

Now I like CM Punk… but you guy’s are giving him props for apologizing for a mistake he made… which is fair, but you guy’s all BASHED Orton for apologizing for what he said about Kelly Kelly… Interesting…. CM Punk makes one insanely awesome promo and now everyone’s on his d**k regardless of what he says or does.

17. j. Willis says:

Yo you homosexuals don’t have the corner of the word “HOMO” you see all men and women are homo homosapians…. So go back in your closet Miss Ian….

18. Mshelez says:

I know it’s not the same but I remember last year one of the ex-WWE wrestlers told a joke on twitter. I told him that it was a joke my grandfather would tell and he told me I was a jackass. As the fangirl I am, I ate that right up and still have the message saved. I loved it! It would be interesting to see how the fan felt if he was, in fact, gay. And for some reason, I get the feeling that the person recording it was a friend of the person antagonizing CM Punk.

19. Captain Ass says:

Punk is a bigger man then I am because I would not have apologized. I don’t feel as if he said anything wrong. As I said, it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and what’s done is done. And don’t compare the “n” word to the word “homo”. The two are worlds apart, and for many different reasons.

20. RJ Ace says:

@Anony-Mouse – CM Punk legitimately apologized and Randy Orton didn’t. It’s pretty simple in that Orton used the typical fake apology garbage that most athletes use when they F up in an interview. Also Randy Orton may have ruined the reputation of one of his co-workers and it could affect her the rest of her career. I doubt anyone’s life has been ruined by CM Punk’s little insult. I get the point you’re trying to make and I agree with you to an extent. The IWC is in love with CM Punk and most of them (not myself) despise Randy Orton and John Cena. Randy Orton has also done multiple things throughout his career that has damaged his image and he’s under a bigger microscope. I also think that most straight males are going to be more sympathetic towards and attractive young woman than towards homosexuals. I’m not saying it’s right, but that’s just the way it is.