Colt Cabana on CM Punk name dropping him on Raw

» Reported by Adam Martin of Wrestleview.com
» On June 30, 2011 at 10:11 am Share
Marc Kruskol sent word about an interview Scott Fishman conducted with former WWE star (Scotty Goldman) and current ROH star Colt Cabana talking about CM Punk name dropping him on Monday Night Raw this past week during his worked shoot promo.

“This is his way of helping me out. By him doing that, the Colt Cabana name recognition gets a little higher. Now people are able to see what I’m all about. I’m not asking for any free handouts. I believe in my abilities 100 percent and think I’ve done a lot of great things. It’s not at a level of a CM Punk, so now more people start Goggling me and have the opportunity to check me out. I was trending on Twitter worldwide. Paul Hayman wasn’t. Brock Lennar wasn’t. In saying that, I have a lot of friends who literally called, e-mailed me and texted me, thinking I had died.”

Full interview:
Colt Cabana thanks friend, WWE superstar CM Punk

Tags: , ,

1. ernie lupica says:

Colt Cabana is coming alongside CM Punk to TNA to start the summer of Punk in TNA.

2. -Jay- says:

Punk put him over huge that was awesome and pro wrestling needs more unexpected moments like that…its great when they take a chance and shock the fans.

3. Phil says:

Lul Ernie is actually Vince Russo wishing big. Punk will either take a few months or 1 year off and like Jericho, come back eventually.

4. name says:

@ernie lupica
    Dude. Just shut up. Seriously. Nothing against TNA, for the record, but be real here. All your posts about “Summer of Punk in TNA”. Seriously dude, just shut up. It’s not likely, and like @Phil said, you’re just wishing big. In my opinion, Punk no longer fits in TNA.

Unless you can think of a serious, plausible storyline for Punk in TNA, maybe even Colt Cabana, that doesn’t involve Joe (because last time I checked he’s not exactly priority right now in TNA) then just shut up.

5. ted says:

The Summer of Punk in TNA only if he buys a ticket to Watch a tna house show Lol

6. deathedge says:

The only storyline I could think of for Punk is one where he tries to eliminate the dinosaurs (Hogan, Sting) but in the end Hogan would end up getting booked to win.

7. deathedge says:

And please note, I don’t think Punk would go to TNA, or that TNA could afford him for that matter, just naming a possibility if he went there.

8. Alex says:

It’s Lesnar and Heyman. just pointing out typos…

9. king o'p4in says:

punk back in tna would be huge. and who said tna would pay him and not the carter family deep pockets? or spike tv (like spike tv pays sting and the carters pay for hogan and flair). as far as storylines go, they have a couple different routes…like honestly i’d love to see a punk/anderson feud. remember, punk was in tna before and had a nice little run there being tagged up with julio dineiro. punk was also involved with the major raven/jim mitchell storyline there. they almost brought him back but didnt want to use 1/3 of their ppv on one match between him and joe. so yes, i could see punk in tna. will it happen? only time will tell.

10. DeathNote81 says:

TNA wouldn’t know what to do with him. Like “name” said, he doesn’t fit into their product anyway.

11. King Tony says:

CM Punk hates TNA, he will never return there. Why would he when he can go to Ring Of Honor?