Hart, JR, Y2J, Styles and Maryse on Punk’s Raw promo

Several past and present wrestlers went on Twitter to give rave reviews to the CM Punk promo
that has got the world of professional wrestling talking yesterday.

– “The best promos are always the ones that sound real,” wrote Bret Hart, another Hall of
Famer who was always good on the microphone.

– Jim Ross called the ending of RAW the “most compelling, controversial” adding that Punk
was “edgy, attitudinal & full of rage.”

– Chris Jericho sent his congratulations to both CM Punk and Vince McMahon for doing
something that hasn’t been done in a while – history.

– WWE Diva Maryse also had some positive things to say, and went even further than her
peers. “@CMPunk for President of the United States,” she wrote

– Joey Styles added, “Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the
company. OMG! Holy crap!”

Tags: , ,

1. Really? says:

They would like to wish Maryse the best of luck on her future endeavors.

2. Philly Phil says:

I think its official… CM Punk has just done the best promo in (what i would say is) is years, the only 3 other promos that I have ever enjoyed this much is… Joey Styles on Raw, Paul Heyman on SD and Steve Austin while in ECW… Punk just showed the world why he is the best on the mic and why he is the real definition of the phrase….”IT FACTOR”…. I’ve seen it for years, but now the world is finally seeing what us REAL, HARDCORE Punk fan’s saw all along….SEHC 4 Prez

3. Thomas says:

I totally agree with EVERYONE!

4. dave says:

I agree with Phil. Punk’s defining moment in the Indies was the invisible microphone. That promo was gold but this one is his new defining moment. A start is born.

I think after this promo it would be very hard for WWE/Vince/Punk, et al to ignore this hype.

CM Punk can fill the gap of HHH. CM Punk is the new master of the game, end of.

5. marty mcfly says:

“wrote Bret Hart, another Hall of Famer who was always good on the microphone…”

that part made me laugh so hard!!!

6. IronHyde says:

Jericho put his opinion plain & simple. God, i miss him. But Punk has Chris beat by a looooong shot now.

7. Z says:

Bret hart had some good promos in his time but he was far from “always good on the microphone”.

8. GL says:

One of the greatest promo in wrestling history.

However, from CM Punk, I still prefer “The reason why I hate you” about Raven, in early days of Ring of Honor.

9. Drakeo says:

again I’ll say it before and I’ll say it again (and I know I’m not the only one that has said this for the past 3 days now):

with this he is now IMMORTAL!!!! and be if it was a work or a real shoot,it’s still the best promo I’ve seen in years!!!!

and we’ve all seen that everybody from HBK,Bret Hart,Austin,Jim Ross and pretty much the wrestling community and fans around the world are praising Punker’s legendary promo!!!

@GL that was a good promo also the straight shootin’ he did with Samoa Joe is another classic that I can watch that Shoot DVD a billion times and never get tired of it :)