SPOILER: New match set for Money in the Bank

Randy Orton defending the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Christian has been confirmed for the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV on Sunday, July 17 in Chicago, Illinois. The match was confirmed at the Smackdown tapings tonight in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Tags: , , ,

1. The XFL says:

… again?

2. reyo says:

I can’t see them wrestling a standard match at a third ppv in a row I could see if there was a stipulation added to the match, how feuds used to work in wrestling. But I guess they would have to build up some big time heat before that happens. For some reason I feel like deep down Christian doesn’t really want to be heel right now but it’s the only way to stay in the main event picture.

3. seth says:

i have to agree, wheres the stipulation?

4. N. Gaijin says:

Guys, it’s not like they have to set the stipulation the moment they announce the match. Chances are, Christian will want a stipulation on their match at Money in the Bank to avoid a repeat of what happened on Sunday, and Teddy Long will probably have him and/or Orton have a match to decide on the stipulation. Given the PPV and his experience with them, I can easily see Christian getting a ladder match with Orton, but I’m afraid they may be overdoing that stip.

5. deathedge says:

Christain wins…

…Only to lose to whoever won Money in the Bank.

6. Nuff Said says:

Christian can go back to being a face if the stipulation gets made to a Fatal 4 way with Orton, Christian, Sheamus and Henry. I can see Teddy Long doing the SD match with Christian and Henry where if Christian wins it remains one on one but if Henry wins it is a Fatal Four Way match.

7. dave says:

Christian being a face again? That would kill any credibility he has. If this feud is leading to bigger things for Christian as many in or around WWE said, then this has to be a match where pinfall isn’t the way to win. Then Christian can soundly screw Orton out of the title.

8. Ian says:

This is the biggest reason I have always been against monthly PPVs because we get stuck with the same matches on PPV month after month after month and it ruins the build up to a big finishing match at a PPV to end a long running feud, because you feel like you’ve seen it and its been done already on a PPV.

9. JSwisha says:

I wouldn’t put it past them to have him win then lost to a MITB winner like deathedge said.

Either that or he loses to Orton…again. Christian deserves better than this. Hopefully Vince with his dwindling star studded roster can see that, but I’m not keeping my hopes up.

10. Bommaniac says:

A ladder match between these two would be overkill at this PPV as it will be overshadowed by the MITB, but it does have to be different. Teddy Long getting back to his old referee days to officiate would be a great way to spin it.

11. RJ Ace says:

Yeah them having a ladder match would be overkill. Considering Christian won the world title just 2 months ago in a ladder match, there will be 2 ladder matches on the ppv, and they also have the TLC ppv later this year. I could see Christian finally winning the title only to have the SD MITB winner cash in immediately. I hope that’s not the case because it would be nice to see the title and Christian gain some credibility by having a nice reign until at least Survivor Series. If they go with the cash in at the ppv, they could have Christian snap and just destroy Orton and the MITB winner giving him more of an edge to his character. I just don’t see any other babyfaces on SD that have enough credibility to be feuding over the World Title besides Orton. They have Ezekial Jackson, Daniel Bryan, and Sin Cara. I’m a fan of Bryan and Sin Cara but it’s not like WWE has positioned them as big stars

12. Agent Cooper says:

It would totally be just like Vince to have Christian win the title and then lose it right away again to the money in the bank winner. He loves screwing with internet fans, even if it means insanely stupid and counterproductive booking.

13. Rusty Shackleford says: