Spoilers: Impact for June 16th

Comment: Thanks to Eric for the following TNA iMPACT! Wrestling spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Orlando, airing this Thursday on Spike:

* New TNA World Champion Mr. Anderson opens the show with a celebration. Gunner comes out and wants a title shot for helping Anderson hurt Sting. Anderson brushes him off. Gunner sends Anderson through a table.

* Brother Devon beat Hernandez after The Pope and Mexican America got involved.

* Austin Aries beat Kid Kash and another indy star to win a contract and a match at Destination X.

* Kurt Angle comes out to announce he is trying to compete at the 2012 Olympics. Jeff Jarrett comes out and wants a rematch, he isn’t done with Angle.

* Rosita and Sarita defeated Velvet Sky and Miss Tessmacher.

* Rob Van Dam beat Samoa Joe.

* Gunner defeated Mr. Anderson in a non-title match. Eric Bischoff made an appearance after the match and riled up Gunner

Tags: , , ,

1. kev1403 says:

way to build up your new tna champ! my god what rubbish

2. Rex Anderson says:

Can we please give Phil Shatter his name back, I mean really now, what kind of gimmick is Gunner?

3. ted says:

This show was ten times better then the 3 hour raw crap.

4. cold says:

Agreed, I think Gunner deserves a good midcard push, but not by beating both World Champs, he isn’t over that much

5. K.Robbo says:

So Angle and Jarrett are having the final final battle after destination X? and nice to see Aries is back in TNA. I guess they do want to build Gunner up as a main event star? Way to change story again Velvet Sky and Tessmacher against Mexican America Knockouts.

6. Blocker says:

Can we PLEASE end this ridiculous story line between Jarett and Angle? Nobody cares about Karen Jarett. Their matches are all the same. By the way, why is a 300lb man, the X Division Champion?

7. Kerry says:

“By the way, why is a 300lb man, the X Division Champion?”

Because, to use TNA’s own words about the X Division, it’s not about weight limits, it’s about NO limits. They’re not a cruiserweight division. Don’t you remember when Samoa Joe dominated the X Division? On another note, I’m suprised to see Austin Aries & Kid Kash were on Impact again.

8. Greg says:

Cause you know, when I look at the TNA roster and say, who’s gonna make me the most money in the future. Who just has that superstar quality. I think Gunner…

9. Mike says:

The other “indy star” was Jimmy Rave.

10. RJ Ace says:

@Ted – How do you know it will be better than Raw? It hasn’t even aired on TV yet. Why do TNA fan boy marks always say “What about WWE?” when someone insults TNA? It’s because you have an inferiority complex just like TNA does. Who cares about WWE? There are plenty of people that I know that hate both companies and only watch the indies. Wrestling as a whole is down on a national level. I enjoy both companies but I never see WWE marks complain about TNA when TNA marks bash WWE. Raw did suck Monday. I don’t know how good Impact yet and neither do you. Actually, you’re probably one of those “TNA is awesome derp derp derp, Vince Russo herp derp, TNA! TNA! TNA!

11. Thomas says:

Positive: Austin Aries.

Negative: I thought Jarrett/Angle was the FINAL battle?

12. Korey parker says:

yay! Jarrett v Angle 25!!!!!

“This sunday, a hate so great that 24 matches coulnd’t contain it….JARRETT……ANGLE….thsi time….well….no this time it won’t end here either…..SUNDAY!!!!”

13. chris says:

Wow again they derail anderson before he even leaves the station.