Eric Bischoff: “IWC smarks need to get over it”

Eric Bischoff via Twitter on anti-TNA sentiment on the internet:

“Seems like 90% of the audience loves what the loudest 10% hates. So who really matters? The 10%er’s can’t get over the fact that they are irrelevant. Ratings don’t lie. Research doesn’t lie. IWC smarks need to get over it.”

Tags:

1. alchemist174 says:

Is he implying that 90% of the audience watches TNA?

2. Joe says:

True. Ratings don’t lie. Bischoff hasn’t been able to put a dent in them yet.

3. advo319 says:

Is he seriously that delusional?

4. Steve says:

LOL. Ratings? The ratings have barely gone up since Bischoff and Co. took over and I have a feeling the salaries of all the guys they brought in mean they are losing money even with higher ratings. Then again Bischoff never was worried about that. He already helped drive one company into the ground. Why not make it two. By the way how is your production company doing Eric?

5. So if I follow, Eric is part of the 10%, right?

6. Kerry says:

The 10% are Eric Bischoff, Eric’s family, Hulk Hogan, Hulk’s family, and who else?

7. B says:

and this is exactly what he is talking about, the 10%, they are the ones who commented running there mouths before this comment!

8. Steve says:

Right B. Logic is out the window is that what you are saying? So me stating facts would be ridiculous. Perhaps TNA has a rabid fan base with a low IQ. Maybe that is who Bischoff is talking about.

9. Troy says:

He is right. WWE would go out of business if the catered to the IWC. The part that is laughable is he catered the WCW towards the IWC and ran them in the business. He was in a constant battle to outsmart the smarts while ignoring the 95 percent of the fans that have never been on an internet wrestling site in their lives. Ask yourself how much money YOU spent on the WWE last year. I bet it pales in comparison to the 10 year old fanatic that has not been on a wrestling site. WWE is smart to market to the masses. If the WWE ever starts marketing a product that I(a 37 year old wreslting promoter) starts liking, they will be in serious trouble!

10. Steve says:

Here is my problem with what Bischoff is stating. He is stating it is better to make 90% of a small audience happy rather than seeing if he can change and expand the viewership. There has been no steady growth in the rating in a year. They rise and fall slightly but never get over that magic 2.0 and he is shelling out millions of Dixies parents money to do it. Just don’t be surprised when Panda Energy decides to pull the plug on a money losing company.

11. Steve says:

Troy you are definitely right on the fact he can’t cater to smart wrestling fans. What I find laughable is his claims that most TNA fans are satisfied and the fact he seems content not to grow that fan base. They need to decide who their market is and go after it. A name change alone doesn’t equal a change in product as recent shows indicate. Go after the “wrasslin” fans if that is your goal but pick an aim and stick with it. That has never been Eric’s strong suit.

12. Joseph says:

whats IWC?

13. chris says:

Each week, millions of people spend money on WWE ppv’s, expecting them to be good. Too much attention is paid to the sports entertainment drones who have the attention span of a ADD child.

14. T says:

I agree you don’t cater to the know it all Internet crowd. It is the same as the armchair quarterbacks who think they can run a pro sports team.

That being said TNA needs to stop bouncing all over the place and make the show and product better.

15. RJ Ace says:

I agree with Bischoff in that the IWC is full of crap half the time and have no idea how to run a wrestling promotion. However, Bischoff used to rip on TNA all the time until they started paying him. He’s a hypocrite and is cleary delusional. The ratings have not gone up at all since he and Hogan have taken over. I like TNA and I always laughed at people when they said the company would be out of business within a year. However, with Bischoff and Hogan at the helm, they will continue a downward spiral into oblivion. The ratings are the same as a year ago, 2 years ago, and 5 years ago, yet the payroll is inflated because of WWE burnouts and cast offs.

16. Steve says:

Exactly my point RJ. I have always hoped TNA would succeed but they can’t do that with Bischoff and Hogan in power positions.

17. So I’m watching ESPN Classics one night because I like the old stuff as well as the new stuff. Who’s stupid mug do I see? Eric “I never met a company I couldn’t ruin” Bischoff. Fast-forward a few years, WCW is on the upswing, enter Bischoff and Hogan, company gone. WWE was smart to keep him at a distance. Otherwise, he would have added them to his list. Now, TNA thinks that somehow his presence in their company is going to some how be a positive? I mean really, what has he had control over that’s EVER prospered?