The Ultimate Fighter 13 Episode 10 Recap
Jun 1, 2011 - by Alex Peredo
* The show begins with a recap of episode 9, showcasing how Chuck O’neil & Tony Ferguson moved to the semifinals. Also repeated is the drunken display by Tony Ferguson, along with his verbal assault on teammate Charlie Rader, questioning where is his son. The opening intro plays. As we begin, Tony Ferguson says “Good Morning” to his semi-final opponent Chuck O’neil. After asking where Charlie is, O’neil walks away telling the camera in the sit-down interview “A drunk man’s words is a sober man’s thoughts.” We are led into the Chris Cope & Ramsey Nijem weigh-in with Ramsey and Chris exchanging Woo cheers during the staredown.
* Tony Ferguson apologizes to Team Lesnar in the team’s bedroom. Chuck O’neil doesn’t believe that Ferguson is sincere in his apology. Tony continues to apologize as his team appears to have lost all trust in him. However, we should ask ourselves to be fair to Tony, why was Charlie’s son taken away from him (Child Abuse, Child Support).
* Semifinal Fight #1: Chris Cope (170lb) vs. Ramsey Nijem (170.5lb) Commercial.
The fight begins with both men circling to their right. Ramsey tags Chris with a left-right combo as he pushes Chris to the cage. They disengage briefly as Ramsey lands another combo. Ramsey presses Chris up on the fence, Chris landing several strikes to the head of Ramsey with his right hand. They separate with Ramsey chasing wildly behind Chris with combos. Ramsey attempts a double-leg takedown from the fence but Chirs stops it while continuing to land punches to the side of Ramsey’s head. Chris lands two knees in the midsection. Mazagatti separates them and they restart in the center of the cage. With a minute left, Ramsey lands a nice left jab to the jaw. Chris lands a left low kick, Ramsey tries to close the distance with a combo but misses as the round ends. 10-9 Cope as we go to commercial.
* Round 2: Ramsey is told he won the first round by Coach Dos Santos as the next round begins. Ramsey again presses on the fence for a takedown which he gets but Chris quickly gets up. Ramsey lands a right body kick. Chris misses on a overhand right. Ramsey lands one of his own. He misses a kick but is able to push Chris into the fence. He breaks to land punches to Chris’s head, nailing a right cross to the head. Chris tries to regroup but Ramsey continues to punches, including a high knee. After a barrage of punches, Chris drops as the referee calls a stop to the fight. Ramsey finishes all three of his opponents on his way to the final. We head to the next fight.
*Tony Ferguson & Chuck O’neil weigh in at 170lb with Chuck telling the audience “he crossed the line.” Both men enter the Cage ready to go as we go to break.
* Semi-Final #2: Tony Ferguson vs. Chuck O’neil. They touch gloves as the fight begins. Tony lands a hard left low kick. Chuck misses on a left-right. Tony blocks a left kick. Tony misses a overhand right as Chuck hits him with a left-right. Hard left cross by Tony as chuck accidentally kicks him in the groin but they continue. Tony holding the center of the Octagon as he lands another left inside leg kick. Tony is receiving instructions from his corner in Spanish. Chuck tries a 4 punch combo that ends with a hard right low kick. Left cross with a right low kick lands for Chuck. Tony catches a leg & drives Chuck to the floor but lets him up. Tony with another inside left leg kick. After another he tags Chuck with 3 punches as the round comes to an end. 10-9 Tony as we go to commercial.
* Round 2: Both corners call for head movement as the action returns. Chuck is hit with another inside leg kick. His right body kick is caught & he gets hit in the face with a right straight. Both men wing hard left hooks. Both land left straights’ to the face as Chuck circles away from Tony. Inside leg kick by Tony. A right low kick finds the knee of Tony. Chuck lands his own inside left low kick. Tony returns fie with an inside leg kick, left uppercut, and a left to the body. Tony lands a hard right cross as Chuck bleeds from his nose. An outside right low kick finds the thigh of Chuck. Both men miss on punches as the corners implore for strong finishes to the round. Chuck misses on a spinning back kick. 10-9 Tony as we go to the final commercial.
* Round 3: Charlie tries to pump Chuck up as the final round begins. Inside leg kick by Tony is followed by a left to the liver. 2 inside left kicks hurt Chuck who has resumed bleeding from his nose. Inside leg kick by Tony leads Chuck to nail a left-right combo. Overhand right finds the cheek of Chuck as Tony chases him across the cage. A straight right drops Chuck but Tony only throws a few punches before he allows Chuck to get up. Chuck is a bloody mess as yep, Tony hits another inside leg kick. Up against the fence, Tony nails a right elbow to the face, inside leg kick, right punch to the body, Chuck falls to the mat, and Herb Dean stops the fight before Tony can deliver anymore damage. Cuts, along with a swollen nose litter the face of Chuck in the post-fight interview. The two best fighters of the season Tony & Ramsey, face off in the cage as each promises to win the UFC Contract.
* We are shown Dana White on his cell phone with former Heavyweight (WWE & UFC) Champion Brock Lesnar, informing that Lesnar is unable to fight Junior Dos Santos 10 days from now at UFC 131. Shane Carwin has been matched with Dos Santos as Lesnar attempts to get healthy. A reminder is played hyping up the TUF 13 Finale this Saturday at 9pm/et on Spike Tv with Tony Ferguson vs. Ramsey Nijem for the right to be called The Ultimate Fighter.