Former ECW star now a WWE referee

James Maritato, better known to wrestling fans as Little Guido/Nunzio, is now a regular on the WWE referee crew reports The Wrestling Observer. Maritato had received tryouts at recent house show events and was spotted on Raw recently.

Tags: ,

1. Jermz says:

How long did it take the report this news? Guido has been visable on TV for a few weeks now, and he has been reffing at house shows for quite a long time already.

2. Thomas says:

I have mixed feelings about this: on the one hand, I’m happy for Nunzio that he’s working but on the other, I’m sad he’s not wrestling anymore. Nunzio or Little Guido, both characters were great and entertaining.

3. chris says:

I met James a year ago, and he was talking to many of us how he was looking for something stable, and was seriously thinking about retiring as a wrestler. He said that he had an offer to go back to the WWE as an agent backstage. He became a ref instead.

4. Zack says:

I personally could see him as a successful manager. He did great work and promos with the Full Blooded Italians.

5. Rick says:

If he is looking for something stable, a ref job ain’t it NO MO’. Ask Korderas, Posey, Henson, Keenan, Adams, Tucker, Elias, Patrick, Kaye, Skylar, need I go on? All those poor guys are probably stocking boxes at WalMart now. But I love Nunzio/Guido he should be used in a character/worker capacity.

6. -Jay- says:

Great for him.

7. Kyle Christie says:

I think he would be a good manager for Eli Cottonwood (awful moustache promo guy lolz) he could be talking trash then they guy is away to hit him then Eli walks in. Stuff like that

8. Drakeo says:

@Matt

Actually Jimmy Korderas is doing very well he’s doing a wrestling podcast with Arda Ocal every Monday Nights called Right After Wrestling so at he’s doing ok,probably some of the other refs are either back at the indies or retired and doing the convention circuit.