Zach Ryder signs confiscated at Raw

- Jason Powell is reporting that the O2 Arena in London was ordered by WWE to confiscate any and all signs directed at Zach Ryder. One sign taken away said “Ryder = Ratings” while another said “Push Ryder”. Many fans feel that WWE has dropped the ball with Ryder thus far who has shown via his internet show that he has a ton of charisma and personality.

Tags: ,

1. mshelez says:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that his days are numbered. I hope I’m wrong but there is no need to confiscate the signs unless they don’t want them seen, and why would that happen if they were behind the star?

2. AJ Starr says:

This is why eventually WWE will fall… they have a guy the fans want to see pushed, and this is what they do, instead of actually giving him a shot. Morons.

3. Kerry says:

Censoring fans & confiscating signs is ridiculous.

4. Agent Cooper says:

That doesn’t bode well for Ryder’s future with the company. I suspect he’ll be one of the names released in the rumored cuts after the Euro tour. It’s a shame because he does have a lot more charisma than most of the superstars on the roster. I guess they want all their wrestlers to be generic and interchangeable. Like how they had Dolph Ziggler cut and dye his hair to make him look like every other wrestler.

5. morgy says:

To TNA: Here’s a WWE reject actually worth picking up, and he won’t cost as much as the 40+ year olds.

6. mshelez says:

@Agent Cooper. I like Ziggler’s haircut. If he kept it longer the other way it would have been fine but that color was getting old. I agree with what you said about Ryder though.

7. Jose says:

DZ’s new haircut makes him look like a young Randy Orton, and that is NOT a good thing.

8. Helio says:

I bet WWE plants those Cole Miner signs in the crowd.

9. Jokerman says:

No :( Ryder is above TNA, get him feuding with Sin Cara, Bryan, Shaemus, Dolph, Morrison etc.

10. Korey Parker says:

Every time I saw the Majors Brothers at Indie shows they were awesome….i already said that breaking that team was dumb but if they can him I just cannot understand why

11. Jerrod Moore says:

Will have to take a Zack Ryder sign to the next WWE event I go to along with a shirt that simply says WRESTLING let them take my sign my shirt or tell me to leave WWE doesn’t want that hell raised

12. Kyle Christie says:

@Morgy

U can say that again. I think he started his Youtube videos too show that he has charisma and just the whole package really he is great no he is the true AWESOME one

13. Cody T. says:

Pathetic, and its a shame that TNA will probably pick him up. WWE has a possibly main eventer (if Miz can then Ryder damn sure can) and their not doing anything with him.

14. rocliffe says:

wwe doesnt know what they missing out of. miss using talent like that is crazy. conficasting signs is obnoxiuous. even though i dont watch tna like that i know damn for sure tna wouldnt pull signs from fans. I would use ryder instead of santino. Even though he is funny. seriously wtf is a cobra. Its like an rip off version of the soman spike. Put it like this wwe misses out on talent that should be used. one more thing look how they pulled of kahli even his wrestling arent all to good. I mean the guy had good storylines but wasnt used properly.

15. raven12516 says:

Makes you wonder what else they confiscate.

16. Matthew says:

Ryder is a good worker and he has character. It’s a shame if TNA were to pick him up, cause they would most likely team him with that Jersey shore schmuck.
    It’s crap to take peoples signs that say the truth.
    I like what Jerrod Moore says. Do take a sign that says “Wrestling”, I’ll hold up “Vince fears talent”. Anything else people want to add, feel fee

17. S says:

If they cut Ryder, and Curt Hawkins then we can see a good Tag Team Match in ROH. Haas/Benjamin vs. Hawkins/Ryder (or whatever their names would be). I have always been a Zack Ryder fan, and were pushing him hardcore in ECW…but thats another WWE failure right there. Sigh…I just long for the days when WWE didn’t program fans to like guys like John Cena…

18. neumanrko9 says:

I wish the WWE would push Ryder, his YouTube series is truly hilarious

19. Kevin says:

@rocliffe

Kahlee is training in all pro wrestling in hayward ca

20. Creative Control says:

I’ve been to a few Raw shows and yes they plant signs. I had someone try to give me a Cena and Orton sign, an “And I Quote shut up” sign and I refused to take them and they took all my signs away and tried to tell me that I had to hold them up. It’s ridiculous.

21. Brian says:

And may I ask why would they confiscate signs directing at Ryder than those silly signs like “(name) here” and sort?

22. E-Ry says:

I’m sorry to say, but Zack Ryder will never be pushed in the WWE, reason being, WWE loves and needs to take credit for creating ‘superstars’. Ryder is getting his popularity and fan base all on his own and I can bet it pisses Vince off. The WWE tells the fans who to cheer for and who to boo. Im not bashing Cena, but several crowds have turned on him for a long time now, but WWE still pushes him as a face, instead of running with it and having him become a heel. Im positive Cena would get over more as a Heel just because everyone loves to bash him.

Ill admit, I’m not the biggest Ryder fan, but he’s got talent and his youtube series is historical. I’m a fan of the next generation and I hope WWE turns this around and pushes the young guys. Sadly, the only hope for Ryder is TNA. He needs to develop himself there and eventually become a big fish in a small pond, very similar to what Christian did. If he can do that he may have a shot, but you never know.

23. name says:

I never liked Ryder, hell I thought he was a joke. A bigger joke than the Bellas holding the Divas title.. which is a pretty f’n bad joke.

But after reading all this, I feel like it’s time to “educate” myself: watch some of his videos, YouTube a few of his matches.
    Not to force myself to like him because you guys say he’s good, but to look past that image the WWE has created of him and then stuck inside my head.

A sincere Thank You to everyone!!!