Real name: William Alvin Moody
Date of birth: April 10, 1954
Date of death: March 5, 2013
From: Mobile, AL
Pro debut: 1970
– In his pro debut, Moody competed as Mr. X in Greenville, AL.
– After wrestling independently in the mid 70′s, Moody eventually became manager Percival Pringle III.
– After the birth of his son Michael, Moody quit wrestling. Moody went on to graduate from San Antonio College, where he received a degree in mortuary science.
– Pringle returned to pro wrestling in 1984, establishing himself as a formidable manager in Florida and Texas.
– In the south, Pringle managed the likes of Rick Rude, the Assassin, Blackjack Mulligan, “Maniac” Matt Borne, Buzz Sawyer, the Great Kabuki and Eric Embry, among others.
– In late 1990, Pringle joined the World Wrestling Federation and became Paul Bearer – the manager of The Undertaker.
– Bearer was in The Undertaker’s corner at the 1991 Survivor Series, as he beat Hulk Hogan for the WWF title.
– At the 1996 Summerslam, Bearer shocked the wrestling world by turning on The Undertaker, and siding with Mankind.
– Bearer was named Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s Manager of the Year for 1998.
– In one of the more ridiculous WWF story lines, Bearer was revealed to be Kane’s “biological father.”
– At the 1998 King of the Ring, Bearer managed Kane as he defeated Steve Austin for the WWF title.
– During the end of his WWE stint, Bearer accepted a backstage role with the company. Bearer and WWE officially parted ways on October 14, 2002.
– Moody arrived in NWA TNA as Percy Pringle.
– At Wrestlemania XX, Moody returned to WWE as Paul Bearer and was reunited with The Undertaker.
– At the 2004 Great American Bash, Bearer was buried in cement by The Undertaker following the “concrete cyrpt” match.
– In April 2013, Bearer was voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.