MMA News and Notes
Mar 9, 2011 - by Alex Peredo
~ The full list of salaries from Bellator 35 last Saturday includes.
Lyman Good: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Chris Lozano $10,000
Jay Hieron: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Lapsley: $10,000
Rick Hawn: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Jim Wallhead: $10,000
Brent Weedman: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Dan Hornbuckle: $10,000
Joachiim Spiritwolf: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Jamie Jara: $1,000
Brandon Bender: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus) def. Josh Herrick: $1,000
Champ Zoila Frausto: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Karina Halinan: $1,500
Paul Ruiz: $1,000 (includes $500 win bonus) def. Jesus Castro: $500
~ The full list of suspensions for “Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson” included:
* Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante: suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons due to knockout loss
* Jorge Masvidal: suspended indefinitely until hand cleared by orthopedic doctor
* Billy Evangelista: suspended indefinitely until eyes cleared by ophthalmologist
* Billy Vaughan: suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
* Jason Riley: suspended indefinitely until eyes cleared by ophthalmologist; also suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons due to TKO loss
* Ian Rammel: suspended indefinitely until medically cleared
* Mitch Whitesel: suspended 90 days per OSAC’s mandatory rest period for accumulated bouts
* J.P. Felty: suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons due to knockout loss
~ Despite a failed drug test and one-year suspension, UFC veteran James Irvin (15-8) is heading overseas to fight light-heavyweight champion Mamed Khalidov (21-4-2) in the headliner of next week’s KSW 15 event. It takes place March 19 in Warsaw, Poland. Irvin recently was pulled from a Shark Fights 14 co-headliner and rematch with Houston Alexander due to his alleged used of the steroid epitrenbolone at December’s Tachi Palace Fights 7 event. The California State Athletic Commission fined Irvin $2,500 and suspended him one year (retroactive to Dec. 3) due to the failed test. He has the right to appeal, and since U.S. athletic commission have virtually no reach overseas, can compete outside of the country.
~ Carey Vanier (10-3 MMA, 2-1 BFC) vs. Lloyd Woodward (10-0 MMA, 0-0 BFC) is set for Bellator 36 this Saturday as part of the lightweight tournament. Bellator 36 takes place on Saturday at Louisiana’s Shreveport Municipal Auditorium and airs live on MTV2.
~ Welterweight Johny Hendricks (9-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) is replacing an injured Dennis Hallman and will face T.J. Waldburger (13-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) on the evening’s preliminary card. UFC Fight Night 24 takes place March 26 at KeyArena in Seattle and airs live on Spike TV.