Spoilers: Wrestlemania 27 PPV Card

Special Guest Host: The Rock

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel vs. Big Show, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Christian

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole, Special Referee: Steve Austin

Cole’s trainer Jack Swagger will be in his corner.

WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

Gail Kim will be in Bryan’s corner while The Bellas will be with Sheamus.

* Another undetermined Divas match will also take place. There will be no Money in the Bank this year.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Tags: , ,

1. Jose says:

How did Morrison get stuck in a mixed tag match?

2. Jss says:

WHC match should be fatal four way ziggler del rio edge and christian. Lackluster card overall

3. Christian says:

Better question…how does Trish fit into this??

4. Adam says:

The past 5 years MITB has been the highlight of the night. Screw this WM, I am not impressed or even remotely peaked…snooze-a-mainia can’t go on without my buy….

5. David says:

@ Christian: She had a confrontation with Laycool at Elimination Chamber.

Makes me sad, no MITB match… I know they have the PPV now, but still, MITB has become my favorite part of WM, and with this one looking so lackluster, at least I’d still have that to look forward to… now, meh. This is the first WM in years that I’m having second thoughts about ordering.

6. Cody T. says:

No MITB is how he got stuck, along with awful WWE booking.

7. James says:

That card is really bad. I will definitely not pay for that garbage.

8. Rex Anderson says:

What is this RAW or Wrestlemania? What the hell! Poor John Morrison, damn just damn sad

9. KING444 says:

There is no MITB this year becuz they now have a ppv for that so why bother putting it in. WWE is evolving so times are changing.. Think! before u guys say something

10. Dr. Pym says:

Poor Christian…such a great talent. Stuck in a jobber-fest match.

11. J-RO says:

I hope to god this isn’t the card. I refuse to believe it. If I watch it, it’s for The Rock.

12. Daniel Schein says:

Truthfully it’s a pretty strong wrestling card. I’m a little bummed as well about MITB. I felt if nothing else they should have maybe done a multi man TLC for the IC Title at the very least. Wrestlemania needs that one big death defying spot match. With The Rock, Austin, Trish etc. WWE may feel they can sell the show without a big gimmick match.

Ideally if I had my way Morrison would have won the Rumble and be competing for the title……and if that wasn’t happening then definitely winning the MITB. Hopefully that happens for him at the MITB ppv in a few months and a feud with Ziggler will make for excellent tv until then. It may not be ideal but it’s better to have Morrison and Ziggler who have been the true show stealing talents this past year on the card then competing in the dark match Battle royal.

I’d keep Trish and Kelly vs Laycool and do an IC Title Ladder or TLC with Morrison vs Ziggler vs Kofi vs Mcintyre vs Evan Bourne etc. As for the supposed not yet listed Diva’s match there really isn’t anything terribly compelling for them to do. Nothing against Eve but taking the gold off of Natalya who was having great matches and getting over was foolish and very random. I do think one saving grace for this TBA match would be to have Awesome Kong make her debut and decimate the competition which I’m sure will be several ladies involved. It would be a true Wrestlemania moment and establish her immediately as a player and I’d have her take the gold within a few months and have a long reign leading into the next Wrestelmania.

I would book Kong as an absolute wrecking ball with no allies with any of the heel Diva’s. As for Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus I say thumbs up to that. Bryan would be a waste in the MITB and really deserves to have a great one on one encounter. I’d keep The Bellas and Gail out of there corners however. There issues can be resolved in the TBA Diva’s match and would be unnecessary here. The issue would be Sheamus perceiving that Bryan is mocking him for his losing streak and can be set up with an attack next week.

The Corre Tag match I also have no issues with. There is plenty of time left for them to get Christian and Kofi involved. Assuming the card is set in stone above then I’d have The Corre cost Kofi the IC Title against Cody Rhodes making his bout against Rey for the title. Not that there feud needs gold on the line but I think it’s always nice to have the IC belt defended on the show. Christian being in the match is better for him anyways then another MITB appearance where he loses.

13. Andy says:

This will be the first Mania since WM16 that I won’t be ordering. The only undercard matches I’m even remotely interested in is Bryan/Sheamus and Punk/Orton. I don’t think enough people are interested in Del Rio for him to be in a main-event match , and we’ve already seen Taker/HHH. Not to mention I know a lot of people who ordered the PPV for the MITB match alone.

14. James says:

No MITB match = no buy for me.

15. hmm says:

i wonder how the rock will get involved in cena vs miz match. im hoping they make it a triple threat and make the rock win the wwe title. im also hoping that christian wins the mitb on this years mitb ppv

16. Joshua Shaver says:

A lot olf fans have uncertainitites about the tentative card for Wrestlemania XXVII. I have watched wrestling for a long time and once I heard the Rock was going to host Wrestlemania that WWF Attitude era was coming to Mania. This card reminds of Wrestlemania XVII and XIX. Truthfully, each match is solid with time to build properly.

Triple H vs. Undertaker- Yes, we have seen this before, but Vince felt Barrett could live up a main event match. This match could be better if it becomes No Holds Barred, plus Triple H can carry the potential ring rust Takler could have.

Cena vs. Miz- The Rock as the Wild card situation and means Rock will be involved some way shape or form.

Del Rio vs. Edge- Alot of fans want triple threat with Christian, but give Edge-Del Rio time to build.

Punk vs. Orton- This match is going to be brutal and awesome if it is one on one.

Rhodes vs. Mysterio- Show Mysterio ability to take Cody to the big show and make him a star.

John Morrison, Trish Stratus, and Kelly vs. Dolph Ziggler, Michelle McCool and Layla- has potential and Ziggler is coming to RAW.

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan- is a way to put another title on Sheamus

The Corre vs. Big Show, kane, Christian, and Kofi Kingston- awesome match

Lawler vs. Cole with Stone as Ref, because Austin will appoint himself at RAW to make things fair.

Overall, I believe thos is going to be a good Wrestlemania and I will be buying.

17. michael woods says:

well that low dowm sting let everybody down,i guess hes scared of the undertaker, and deceided to stay with that rinky dink co tna pitiful, hes to good of a wrestler not to be at wrestlemania

18. mmggirl says:

@michael–Sting was NEVER going to go to WWE. He has said time and again that he never WILL step foot near a WWE ring. Plus, how did he let everyone down? It was people like you who hyped up the 2-21-11 stuff as “It has to be Sting. It can be no one else. It’s definitely him!”

Personally I think everyone who said crap like that built themselves up for disappointment.

19. eddie says:

Mmggirl u said it perfectly I knew from day 1. Sting would never wrestle for Vince and Josh I agree this is a could call but I would rather see daniel brain vs. William regal would be a good mania match

20. Bob says:

My version of Wrestlemania:

Edge vs. Alberto vs. The Miz vs. Randy Orton (Unification of WWE and WHC)
    CM Punk vs. John Cena Lumberjack Match with Nexus members, Special Referee: The Rock(Would have been more interesting if they didn’t kill the storyline in 2 weeks back in January)
    Triple H vs. Sheamus (Rematch to determine King Of Kings)
    Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett
    Tag Team Titles: Big Show and Kane vs. The Corre
    MITB: Mysterio vs. Bourne vs. Kingston vs. Swagger vs. Christian vs. Morrison
    Jerry The King Lawler vs. Michael Cole (Not necessary to have Jack Swagger and Stone Cold, we just want to see Cole get beat up)
    Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Laycool (Laycool disband if loses, Trish Stratus banded from making WWE yearly returns if loses)
    US Championship: Daniel Bryan w/ Gail vs. Dolph w/ Bellas (idk, somehow Bellas got money to hire Dolph back to Raw to take out Bryan, better than versus Sheamus since Sheamus will DESTROY Bryan in seconds)
    Smackdown vs Raw match: Ted Dibiase w/ Maryse vs. Cody Rhodes w/ Goldust

This is the WM PPV that I would have paid to see! They have great superstars, just horrible writers to make decent storylines and matches
    *Excuse my earlier message

21. Billy says:

You guys are dumb if ur not ordering. Its WRESTLEMANIA for crying out loud, I order no matter what cuz im a true fan!!!

22. Jeremy says:

I think it will end up being a triple threat match for the wwe title, but Cena will win it.