Live Raw coverage (Wrestlemania Host announced)
Feb 14, 2011 - by staff
(1) John Cena vs CM Punk. John Cena cuts a promo before the match. He talks about the speculation of who the Wrestlemania guest host will be. He said it could be Lady Gaga but he thinks it will be Micheal Cole and then makes a bunch of lame gay jokes. Punk comes out and says he has beaten Cena three times in a row just check Grays Sports Almanac. The New Nexus is banned from ringside. One of the members of Nexus is under the ring but the referee doesn’t see it. He slides a chair out and Punk puts it in the ring and as the referee puts it out Punk is handed a wrench by the Nexus member and he uses it on Cena for the win.
- Alberto Del Rio is out to talk about Wrestlemania. He says winning the title is his destiny. Edge comes out and says he has a destiny as well and attacks Alberto. He sets up for the Spear but Ricardo cuts him off. Del Rio beats down Edge but he fights back and and Del Rio bails. Vickie Guerrero is out and announces that Dolph Ziggler is the new World Heavyweight Champion due to Edge using the Spear. The official ceremony to crown Dolph the new champion will happen this Friday on Smackdown. Vickie says she has proof that Edge is the one who assaulted Teddy Long and says Edge is going to lose his job.
(2) Divas Title: Eve (c) vs Natalya in a Lumber Jills Match. Eve gets the win.
- Miz and Alex Riley are shown heading to the ring. Miz will take on Daniel Bryan next.
(3) WWE Champion The Miz vs US Champion Daniel Bryan in a non-title match. Alex Riley is on commentary for the match. Very good back and forth match here. Bryan dives off the apron and into Miz who goes crashing through the barricade. Miz gets the win using the Skull Crushing Finale.
- Miz cuts a promo after the match. He says Lawler is not here tonight because his mother passed away and says he hopes Jerry doesn’t use that as an excuse when he beats him on Sunday.
(4) John Morrison & R-Truth vs David Otunga & Michael McGilicutty. This was supposed to be Morrison vs Truth but the GM turned it into a tag team match during the commercial break. Morrison gets the win on McGilicutty with a knee to the face. Mason Ryan try’s to attack after the match but Truth and Morrison knock him out of the ring.
- Great Khali is out for the Valentines Day Kiss Cam. The camera is on Dibiase and Maryse and Maryse refuses to kiss him and kisses Yoshi Tatsu instead. Regal kisses Zach Ryder as well.
(5) King Sheamus vs Randy Orton. Nexus runs in during the match. This brings out Morrison and Truth. Nexus takes the advantage until Cena runs down and clears the ring with Orton.
- We see a limo pull up and an unknown female steps out and walks toward to the ring.
- Josh Matthews announces the host of WM 27. The lights go out and a video of lighting is shown on the big screen and out comes….THE ROCK. A huge ovation from the crowd. Rock cuts a promo and says after 7 long years “Finally the Rock” has come back to Monday Night Raw which means back home. Rock takes off his glasses and says he needs to tell us something as Dwayne. He says he is back not because of the money or to promote a movie but because of the fans. He says it’s because of us that he is back and he is never going away and that The Rock is back. He says he called Vince and he told Rock that the only man who can host Mania is Justin Bieber. Rock says he likes Justin but only one man is capable of hosting Mania and that is himself. He rips on Miz and says he sucks. The GM chimes in and he is talking. Rock stops Cole and says no one gives a damn what the GM has to say. He tells Cole to sit down and know his role and shut his mouth. He says there is someone he needs to see who started talking trash about him and that is John Cena. He says WWE has gone from Austin 3:16 to Smell What the Rock is Cookin all the way down to “You Can’t See Me” as he does the voice like a 13 year old girl. He says he will see Cena at Mania as well as Miz. He says at Mania he will lay the Smackdown on All their Candy Asses, If You Smell What The Rock is Cookin.