Breakdown of WWE's 2010 fourth quarter numbers
Feb 10, 2011 - by Adam Martin
Here is a brief breakdown of WWE’s 2010 fourth quarter numbers ending December 31, 2010 released earlier today via press release (if you wish to view it in detail, click here).
* Revenues totaled $122.5 million compared to $117.3 million in the prior year quarter.
* Operating income was $14.4 million compared to $17.8 million in the prior year quarter.
* Net income was $8.1 million ($0.11 per share) compared to $11.2 million ($0.15 per share).
* Revenues increased from North America by 8%, while those outside decreased by 3%.
* Net Revenues:
Live and Televised Event $82.4 million vs. $83.8 in Dec. 2009, Consumer Products was $21.9 million vs. $22.7 million in Dec. 2009, Digital Media was $10.3 million vs. $10.6 million in Dec. 2009 and WWE Studio was $7.9 million vs. $0.2 in Dec. 2009.
* Live and televised events (North America/International):
Overall revenue was $82.4 million (a decrease of 2% from Dec. 2009). WWE held 84 events including 26 international during the quarter. North American events generated $13.1 million with average attendance at 5,600 (down 15% from 6,600 from Dec. 2009). International events generated $13.4 million with average attendance at 7,500 (down 12% from Dec. 2009).
* Pay Per View Revenue:
Overall revenue was $13.8 million, a 23% decline from Dec. 2009 ($16.3 million). It was noted that the average price of a WWE PPV was increased to $44.95 beginning in January 2010.
* Television Rights Fees and revenue was $35.7 million, an increase from $30.4 million in Dec. 2009.
* Venue Merchandise revenue was $3.7 million, down from $4.6 million in the prior year quarter.
* Home Video revenue was $5.8 million, down from $10.4 million in the prior year quarter.
* Licensing revenue was $12.3 million, up from $8.0 million in the prior year quarter.
* Magazine publishing net revenue was $3.1 million, down from $3.6 million in the prior year quarter.
* WWE.com revenue was $4.5 million, up from $3.9 million in the prior year quarter.
* WWEShop revenue was $5.8 million, down from $6.7 million the prior year quarter.
* WWE Studios revenue was $7.0 million, up from $0.2 million in the prior year quarter. This was due to the releases of “Legendary” and “Knucklehead” during the quarter.
View the entire press release: