Update on Undertaker’s Wrestlemania opponent

As Chris Johnson noted earlier, the planned Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett match for Wrestlemania is off the table. The Undertaker’s match is still slated to headline Wrestlemania, and will reportedly involve Shawn Michaels in some capacity – but obviously not in a wrestling role, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. This won’t involve Brock Lesnar as Vince McMahon once hoped, but it is unclear who the new opponent for The Undertaker will be, but it expected that the match will be a big draw in selling the show. Undertaker has stepped up his rehab in Birmingham, and is on course to return to the ring at Wrestlemania.

As far as Sting is concerned, he is not talking to anyone about his status or future and is said not to be communicating with the TNA office – thus the reason his profile was removed from TNA’s web site.

Tags: , ,

1. -Jay- says:

I’m still hoping the Stinger somehow shows up on RAW even if only a cameo in the rafters…Vince knows that would be MONEY.

2. Pieman says:

Only Cena or Jericho could probably pull off anything close to Taker’s matches with HBK.

In a perfect world it’s John Cena. Ref bump during the match, Cena hits something big. Maybe even a chair shot to the head which we all know is a big no, no. Ref counts the 1, 2, 3 for Cena and there’s pretty much a riot right then and there. Another ref comes out, explains to ref about the chair shot and therefore this match MUST CONTINUE!! Taker gets the win. Streak remains intact. Cena immediately becomes the biggest heal since Michael Cole!

3. Danny says:

Triple H

4. Matt says:

That piece of crap Cena beating ‘Taker in any shape or form at Wrestlemania… Hell no!

5. J ROCK says:

@PIEMAN I agree completely that would be money, or even if you had where it became a three way dance which would include Sting.

6. Jonathan says:

if vince wants to have undertaker to sell the house at mania he needs to talk to sting right away and set something up by mania and setup a match between them 2

7. Pieman says:

If they do or have already signed Sting, I don’t think they’d need to do it at this Wrestlemania. Maybe have a match at Summerslam. Sting wins. They Split brands or something, then have their rematch in Miami.

8. Kerry says:

In my opinion, Sting is done. My money would be on Triple H for it to be a real draw.

9. Joshua Shaver says:

I think the Undertaker didnt want to wrestle Wade Barrett, even though it would be good. Undertaker wanted that Wrestlemania Main Event Show stealer and John Cena, even though people might not like it, would deliver more ticket sales and more pay per view buys.

10. Nathan Neumann says:

I am still really hoping for Sting vs. Undertaker. I wouldn’t mind Cena vs. Taker though as it is the one match I have wanted to see at Mania for a long time as long as Cena doesn’t win. Lets be honest if Michaels couldn’t beat Taker two years in a row I don’t think it should ever happen but thats just my opinion and if WWE wants to end it then they will I just don’t think it should ever happen now.

11. -Jay- says:

Trips vs Taker sounds about right, still hoping for Sting tho.

12. The One You H8 to Love says: