Mike Mooneyham says TNA owes Ric Flair lots of money

During an appearance on the “Ringside Rap” radio show on Blogtalkradio with hosts Rich Tate and Mike Sempervive, Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier discussed in detail the incident involving Ric Flair in Dublin, Ireland. Mooneyham, who is a close friend of Flair’s, stated that TNA owes Flair a lot of money and that is what the dispute was over.

“I knew a lot of it wasn’t true as it was portrayed. TNA owes him a lot of money. All he was doing was asking for an advance on money that they already owed him. He spent $10,000 just to bring his wife over there of his own money. Yes, he wasn’t going to take a bunch of money overseas on this tour because they still owe him back money and they owed him money for every date on the tour. That was his understanding.

He was merely asking for an advance on money that was already owed to him. That never came out in any of these stories. The stories I read were, oh he is hitting guys up at the bar for, you know, to help with the bar tab. That wasn’t true. He said those guys don’t have money anyway. You know? (Host interjects: Well, they all work for TNA too.) Yeah, exactly. They don’t have any money. He is not even blaming this TNA agent who refused to give him an advance.

The guy said well ever since Dustin Rhodes, we don’t do this anymore. Flair said, am I Dustin Rhodes? You know, he wasn’t cutting a promo on him exactly, but understand where he is coming from. Am I Dustin Rhodes? Am I that to this company? I can tell you one thing. When he signed on to TNA, he signed on for Ric Flair treatment. He signed up for star treatment. The big thing with Ric is respect, okay? He wants to be respected and he certainly deserves respect.

He doesn’t want to be treated like Joe Jabroni. That is pretty much how he was treated as far as his interaction with this TNA representative. Ric then said, put it on your credit card. You don’t have the money? Put the expense on your credit card. So they didn’t do it and he said I will see you when I see you. He just wasn’t going to the next show. He had no intention of not showing up in London or doing the rest of the tour. It was more of that he was taking a stand. I support him in that.”

You can listen to the entire show with the segment starting at the 85 minute mark.

Full show on Blogtalkradio:
Ringside Rap – 2/2/11

Tags: ,

1. michael woods says:

thats tna for ya thats why i don,t watch them there no good

2. James Miller says:

I wonder if TNA is still standing at 2012. I hope that im wrong, but the company looks like a sinking ship for me. I think many peoples have turned in TNA, because they want to watch something else than WWE “tired” program. But TNA has screw up again, and again that i have lost my hope. Again, i hope im wrong.

3. Teir says:

I hope his so called “friend” soon realizes that Ric Flair doesn’t work for TNA.. Ric Flair works for Panda Energy, he has the contract with them, not with TNA.. if he can’t get this simple thing right, should I believe the rest he said?

4. Hipnosis says:

I heard Ric Flair was blading after the bus left….

5. Fairfax says:

Bravo Teir, bravo

6. jacob says:

Flair wanted an advance from TNA to pay for his wife to travel around with him so that the likes of Greg Price and the folks at Highspots don’t get the money that Flair owes THEM. Funny Mooneyham would make the remark that none of the TNA guys have money like flair, but sans the likes of Hogan I don’t know a whole lot of the guys on the tour that are paying alimony to three ex-wives and back taxes to the IRS.

7. Nick says:

This sounds like he hasn’t reached his most recent payday yet, and wanted TNA to pay him the money for his next payday ahead of time.

Or is that just me?

8. raven12516 says:

Hogan and Bischoff are running TNA like they did WCW. Checks are bouncing like they were in ECW. Does anyone else see a pattern here?

9. jacob says:

Raven?

NO WHERE in this article or ANYWHERE for that matter says that checks are bouncing. It sounds to me like Ric being Ric and enjoying the life of excess he’s known for and due to what he’s gotten into over the years, he can’t afford. Don’t fall into that little group of IWC morons that read something on the internet, take it COMPLETELY out of context, and start spelling doom. TNA just pulled one of their highest ratings ever, they let go of some excess baggage in Nash, Lashley, and Booker.