Update on the 2/21 hype video from Raw (Updated)

- Dave Meltzer is reporting that the video was for the return of The Undertaker and not for Sting or anyone else.

UPDATE

– The Save Mart Center in Fresno, CA is advertising the return of the Undertaker for the 2/21 Raw.

Tags: ,

1. Kerry says:

‘Taker was who came to my mind when I saw it & no one else.

2. Michael says:

It was a dead give away when you saw the legs of the guy and see what appeared to be the bottom of a trench coat so to speak. It only makes sense to say it could be the Undertaker but I get why some people even pitched the far fetched idea that it could be Sting.

3. Damian says:

I thought the same thing

4. Sir says:

That’s a disappointment… I was full of intrigue about the vignette hoping for a brand new star to debut or even Sting.

Does anyone care about seeing Undertaker this Mania? Unless it’s a big name, I’d say save him till next year…

5. Fairfax says:

Dave Meltzer isn’t the smart mark GOD that he’s made himself out to be. Even Mr. Meltzer could choose to protect the business at any point in time. And for some reason I get the feeling that he may be doing so now. Just a thought.

6. Kerry says:

Sir – Undertaker still IS a big name & lots of people still care about seeing him this or any ‘Mania.

7. Miik says:

Yawn. Taker never returns from injury via vignettes. He returns via Tron mindgames that interrupt the matches of who he’ll face next

8. raven12516 says:

@Michael: I’ve really watched Sting in WCW or TNA, but hasn’t he been known to wear a treanch coat as well?

9. Chris Johnson says:

The arena where Raw will be on this day is advertising the return of Taker.

10. Michael says:

@Raven12516 You are correct about Stings attire. That is why I said I get why people would pitch the far fetched idea that it could be Sting. I say far fetched because Sting has always insisted he would never sign with WWE.

11. D says:

2-21-11 is promoting Sting.

Vince McMahon is a smart business man of course he would promote for the Undertaker’s return in Fresno the day after The Chamber PPV. There’s a twist to this whole shindig leading to Wrestlemania.

Just THINK first and solve the puzzle! Don’t assume right away it’s Taker. Plus why in the hell would WWE promote for Taker’s return like that. That’s so not a Taker return.

12. Hipnosis says:

Not Sting?….WATTA TWIST!!

13. Sir says:

Kerry, When I speak about a ‘big name’ it’s in reference to the quality of his opponent. Wade Barrett, Nexus/Corre or Kane are not worthy to end the streak, they’d be real stinkers.

If there’s no Sting, Brock etc for him to face then I’d rather have no Undertaker match and wait for next year.

14. xric says:

That Sucks Taker is alright but i was looking for Sting to come to wwe.

15. Jay says:

I’m alright with Barrett vs Taker at Mania as long as WWE doesn’t let Barrett end the streak as a last-ditch effort too get him over with the crowd so he can reach the main event status they’ve tried too get him at.

16. N. Gaijin says:

Geez, if it was Sting they would’ve announced it, not played a vignette. Something that big isn’t something they’d want fans speculating about, they’d just out and say it so they’d know fans would be tuning in. >.>

17. Kellman73 says:

The building featured in the piece looks more like an old shack. Old west feel. Deadwood maybe. I think it’s a tease for ‘Taker.

18. Jonathan says:

the 2 21 11 promo is sting watch. taker is gonna come out make a promo then the 2 21 11 video will play and when the lights come back on sting is in the ring. BELIEVE THAT.