One source reporting Sting inks WWE deal

The New York Daily News has reported that Sting signed a one-year deal with WWE, for whatever that is worth. The blurb was reported in a rumor type fashion rather than as a solid news bit.

Tags:

1. Grange says:

Now let me get this straight.Sting,who said he would never tarnish his legacy by being ruined by WWE has signed?Freakin hypocrite

2. Agent Cooper says:

Lets just hope they book him right cause the reason y he wasnt in the invasion angle was that all the wcw stars would be treated like dirt.
    —————————————————————————

Uh, no. The reason Sting and most of the top WCW wrestlers didn’t jump over as part of the Invasion angle was because they had guaranteed contracts from AOL-Time Warner that basically paid them for doing nothing until those contracts expired. DDP was the only top talent at the time willing to waive that to jump over to the WWE and of course the WWE buried him.

3. Dr. Pym says:

@Grange, indeed…the legendary Steve Borden has sold his soul to the sodomite McMahon.

4. How is Sting a hypocrite? He said he wouldn’t sign because of how WWE was conducting it’s TV shows during that time, which was nothing but sexual innuendos and rated R television, which he is against.

I’m sure he also has full creative control over his character.

And I’m 100% certain this is to get the biggest dream match ever; Sting vs. The Undertaker.

5. Dr. Pym says:

Why is Sting being in the ring with that awful worker considered a dream match? Because they’re both “spooky” characters? Ohhhh! Show the man respect and put him in a match against someone who can actually wrestle…which in the WWE is like finding a needle in a haystack.

6. no way says:

Just rumor crap, i’ll believe it when i see it.

7. N. Gaijin says:

Marks… marks… >, see “Youth Initiative” at work.

8. N. Gaijin says:

Gah… my comment was srsly truncated >.>.

I guess I’ll just restate what I said before in the most sensible way while using fewer words. First, I doubt… truly doubt this rumor as the source is very dubious. Whether you trust the paper or not is not even the problem, this came from the paper’s known rumor column. Might I restate this article’s title… there is so far ONE source for this whole deal. It’d be cool if Sting was signed, especially when they’re near the former HQ of WCW, but it’s not happening. Second, Sting didn’t sign with TNA because of WWe’s former debauchery – he signed because he’s good friends with the Jarrett family. I know it might be hard for those of us with 3 year memory spans to recall, but there was a time when Dixie Carter did not own TNA. It was run by the Jarretts… and it was actually GOOD. If his concern had been over something “sinful” about WWe, THAT would make him a hypocrite as TNA had been just as, if not MORE raunchy than WWe. Third, how is Taker an “awful worker”? The man has had countless high quality matches with some of the best in this industry. Just look at the three matches he’s had with HBK – all of them were easy Match of the Year candidates.

9. Ali says:

I find it funny that some of you call him a hypocrite without A) knowing for SURE if indeed he is signed B) IF he IS signed knowing the terms of his deal and his understanding of what Vince’s intent as it relates to the Sting character is going forward and C) The economics of the situation. Do any of you need to have Ted DiBiase tell you that everyone has a price? How is the WWE a bad place to go work. Was anyone dumb enough to think Vince McMahon was gonna buy WCW to run his competition at the expense of the brand he spent himself in debt to establish? NOOOOOO of course he squashed it. Kudos to Sting for knowing he would. Would ANY of you do any different? I know someone will say yes, but lets THINK about this.

10. Denis says:

Sting vs. Undertaker a dream match? Not in my book. Maybe 15 years ago it would have been, but ‘Taker is past his prime, and Sting, while I have always been a fan, never was quite himself in the ring after spending all those months in the rafters in WCW. That being said, he can still work a better match than many of the top stars in both companies. I personally hope Sting never signs with Vince. His profile is still on TNA’s page. And if he did sign, if I were TNA, I would post his signing with the WWE on their website, to ruin Vince’s “surprise.”

11. N. Gaijin says:

Yeah, because ruining the “surprise” would ensure no one would watch… >.>

Makes me wish Sting showed up for a TNA taping so there’d be a stop to all this wishful speculation.