28 names confirmed so far for the Royal Rumble

Reported by Adam Martin of Wrestleview.com

Here is the updated list for the 40 man Royal Rumble this Sunday according to WWE.com.

Alberto Del Rio
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

12 spots remain open as of Tuesday afternoon (January 25).

Tags: ,

1. Matt says:

Although a lot of people think this is going to a jobber filled Rumble, I think this has the potential to be one of the best ever. I mean 12 entrants are unknown so far, and I think we will see a few surprises. And with the New Nexus and Corre in it, it should be interesting.

2. Dave says:

I’m already saying someone will rise from obscurity and win this, a Tyson Kidd or Tatsu or somebody. Might sound crazy but I got a strong hunch. If I’m wrong, the obvious choices are Cena or Punk.

3. DJ Reign says:

Michael Cole is gonna be #40

4. Kyle says:

Lol Cole as 40 would be awesome… SO I COULD WATCH HIM GET HIS ASS KICKED. But personally I think one entry will be Triple H’s return, and I think and I could be wrong, but I think Mason Ryan of all people could pull this out. Lets face it, he’s the WWE’s attempt at replacing Batista so who knows.

5. DJ Reign says:

LET’S THINK WHERE IS ROYAL RUMBLE THIS YEAR? ANSWER MASSACHUTTES… WHO FROM THERE? CENA……

6. Hipnosis says:

Cena will win and face Edge for another Classic Battle. They have faced each other 20 times…BUT NEVER….at Wrestlemania. or how about Cena vs Miz….Cena beat this man OVER and OVER again….but never at Wrestlemania….dreams will come true!

7. Coolquip says:

ZACH RYDER!!!!!!!!!
    If only…….

Well it could be a repeat in a way of last year with Christian returning eliminating ADR then winning. Faces ADR at EC with RR contendership on the line then faces Edge at WM. Wait 3 problems for WWE Writers

1) NO CENA OR ORTON DOES NOT COMPUTE
    2) CHRISTIAN PUSH DOES NOT COMPUTE
    3) CREATIVITY DRIVER MISSING

8. Korey says:

MOrrison and Miz at Mania?—Morrison pulls in money and has the girls like Cena

9. xric says:

John Morrison would be perfect to win royal rumble thats the only guy thats worked hard enough to earn a spot in the main event. He and sheamus had great matches that should elevate him into a big main eventer.

10. Jonathan says:

CM Punk. Think of it. He’s already been world champ 3 times and had the money in the bank twice. All that needs to be done is to win the royal rumble and main event Wrestlemania.

11. paul says:

@Hypnosis: They have wrestled at Wrestlemania before. 2 years ago, Cena beat Edge and Big Show in a Triple Threat match

12. Vendetta says:

Honestly, I want Morrison to win the Rumble because he def. deserves it more than anything, but knowing the WWE, i strongly believe that they’re gonna give it to either CM or Cena. They’ll probably even have them as the last 2 in the ring and go at it for a while…
    If that happens, imma be really pissed for spending $55 for the PPV.

13. David R. says:

I never figured morrison as the winner, with the event being in mass., but usually the WWE makes the hometown boy lose at home. So i dont think cena will win. I dont think punk will win either, though he will make it far with the nexus. Heres the thing, the corre cancels the nexus out, makes nexus vs. corre at WM. I can see HHH coming back, so he can win this one and add to his belt that he won ‘the biggest rumble in history’. However, the only person who deserves the main event spot, i mean DESERVES it, then morrison has to win.

14. Chris Lappin says:

$55 really? its only £15 in the uk!

15. Heywood Jablome says:

im not payin that much for a paper view i will be more than happy to find out on gerweck. i think cm punk, wade barret, john morison, or hhh will win the rumble

16. Vendetta says:

lol yea its $55 here in NJ, and thats the HD PPV, non HD is $50.
    I just want someone different to win and Morrison deserves it. yea it would be great to see Triple H return but WWE should have someone who never won the rumble win this one.

17. Ryno says:

Alberto Del Rio; called it. Tune in Sunday :)