40 men to compete in this years Royal Rumble match

JoeyStyles 11:28am via Twitter:

“This year, there will be 40 participants in the Royal Rumble Match instead of 30. It will be the biggest Royal Rumble Match in history!”

Tags: ,

1. RyanYoi says:

Holy crap! 40?! Did they really have too much talent to scrape up the 30 best competitors? Well it’s gonna be a long rumble, but I’m always gonna watch the Rumble so… Yay 40..

2. Brad says:

Hopefully lots of surprise entrants instead of a ton of guys we know have zero chance of winning.

3. AJ Starr says:

Yee haw, 10 more jobbers thrown out no one cares about…

4. kev-do says:

damn! it looks like they are going to stack this one with all of the top names.

5. The One You H8 to Love says:

In the history of the Royal Rumble, the WWE has always did 30 participants and of the full 30…20 were “Legit” contenders to win it… well I am glad to see that they expanded it, because now they can put more guys in it that deserve a shot and also showcase the newer up and coming talent that they already have…one that that i will never miss about the RR is when they would have WWE contracted guys that then bring in the lesser known guys from other companies…sure it may have been a good idea, but the time preiod wasnt. if they do that now, it would be great…hope they throw in some of the NXT Rooks and some FCW guys to spice it up. (but thats wishful thinking)

6. Anony-mouse says:

And I’m willing to bet they make Cena win it just so he can have yet another place in WWE History… I friggin hate that guy.

7. James says:

This is big news! Although, I can barely think of 40 superstars on the roster atm so I’m guessing that the participants in the other matches on the card will compete in the rumble. I also predict the returns of Triple H, Christian, Evan Bourne and possibly the Undertaker.

8. MattR says:

Probably gonna be to add 5-6 more jobbers and then like James said, returns of Triple H, Christian(whom I believe is going to win it), Evan Bourne, and Undertaker(to get him back and feuding up to WM).

9. rossco says:

Its only 40 so all 8 of the nexus/new nexus can get in.

10. Jokerman says:

I don’t think I can name 40 current WWE “superstars”

11. korey says:

They keep mkaing the rumbles shorter and shorter so this won’t help much

12. goodsense says:

the 1st rumble had 20 superstars, maybe its time to change things up

13. nwilss says:

maybe this is when awesome kong will make her debut. i also see chris jericho doing a one night deal and maybe a couple other legends

14. Dave says:

The roster has a lot of talent, let’s be honest. The state of the WWE roster now is as strong as it’s ever been..

15. nic says:

more people in the match also opens a spot for Kane to break his record for most eliminations in a single rumble match!…how many will he get this year? 15?

16. G3 says:

I hope Cena does win so it can make all the cena haters mad lol

17. -Jay- says:

Cool, I always enjoy the Royal Rumble.