Pro Wrestling Since 1997
Jan 10, 2011 - by Steve Gerweck
“The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels”
Post Category: News
Tags: WWE, WWE hall of fame
No related posts found.
I wasn’t expecting him for a few years possibly the rock next year???
Too soon….good to see him, but this is too soon.
You can’t deny he is one of the best ever. I think it’s justified to have him in already.
too soon? Eddie got inducted 4-5 months after he died. had he been alive he wasn’t getting inducted. this is pretty much the “we miss you so you’re a HOF’er”. whether it’s retirement or death.
YEAAAAA!!!!!!!! GO HBK!!!!!!!! ^-^__\nn/
I think its time for Owen Hart To get inducted. And also the British Bulldog.
I agree, The british bulldog and owen hart deserve it just as mucg as shawn michaels
i also agree
Problem is Owen’s Widow won’t let Owen be inducted. She could care less how much he meant to the fans, she refuses to move on and forgive Vince McMahon. I think she feels as long as she can keep hating him, she doesn’t have to let Owen go.
Owen and Bulldog do not deserve it as much as HBK. They deserve it though but HBK deserve it way more.
There all equal, just because Shawn won the big one, and neither owen or davey boy did doesnt make one special than the other. Shawn desrved this but maybe in 4 more years or so.
way too soon…
Okay, HBK in the Hall is koo…but, this is a HUGE slap in the face to the legends of WCW…Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Ron Simmons, Road Warriors and even Lex Luger. They are in Atlanta, GA…the home of WCW and you have HBK a guy that never stepped foot in WCW, Headlining the HOF…even if they do have Double A, Ron Simmomns, Dean Malenko or any of the other WCW Legends they will be overshaddowed by HBK….glad HBK is in but not this soon and at the exspense of Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko and Ron Simmons.
Couldnt have picked a bigger, more deserving name. No one cares about WCW. Location of the HOF is irrelivant. Arn Anderson is the only name you mentioned thats even deserving. .. maybe Ron Simmons, but he’s a stretch .. ask joe-blow how he is and they couldnt tell ya, 1st black champ or not. No one heard of Farooq or Doom. . . Acolytes should be inducted together, this is the WWE Hall of Fame …Lex Lugar is accountable for Elizabeth’s death as far as Im concerned he shouldnt be inducted to nothin’ …incarcerated maybe …he’s a bum and he sucked.
Couldn’t agree with “Better than you” more, re: Lex Luger. I hold Luger accountable as well and to induct him to the Hall of Fame while Elizabeth (and Randy) are left out would be yet another slap in the face to Liz. Oh…wait…what was it again? Oh right, she tripped over her dogs. And if you believe that line, I’ve got some ocean front property in Kansas to sell to you.
yep way to soon. does anybody think wade barret should bring back skip, young, and tarver and start his own group
Lmao. Luger didn’t deserve to be in the Smackdown video game, let a lone the Hall of Fame. Some people are just dumb.
Lex Luger is responsible for a lot in regard to how the business has changed in the last 25 years. Now granted he played a role in Liz’s death I don’t remember reading anywhere that he force-fed her the pills she took or the vodka she drank. Pain pills and alcohol are a deadly combination. Google it. You’ll find lots of info on how dangerous a combination those are. I’m not saying Luger isn’t to blame to an extent but he’s not Chris Benoit. Lex was really the first body builder chiseled from stone kind of guy to make it big on a national level. Now of coarse you can argue that hogan or ventura or billy graham came before him and that’s true. But Lex truly changed the way wrestlers look because he was the first guy that was pushed solely on his look. And see how its changed the entire landscape of wrestling. If your not a meathead on the gas and apparently not under 30 anymore your not getting a job with wwe. And Luger also changed the way the boys structured there deals. Lex brought in an agent and was the first guy to negotiate a guaranteed contract. Which in his day was unheard of. Say what you will about Luger, he was never much of a worker. He was always pretty arrogant, especially behind the scenes and with the other guys. But Lex had a huge impact on modern wrestling. Lex was to 95% of today’s roster as Shawn Michaels is to the other 5 percent of smaller wrestlers. I’m not the biggest Lex Luger fan but I think he rightfully deserves his place among wrestling’s hall of heroes right alongside Randy and Liz, and Owen and Davey.
Round 1: Greatest IC champion tournament (bracket A)
Round 1: Greatest IC champion tournament (bracket B)
Should Diamond Dallas Page be inducted into the GERWECK.NET hall of fame?