Gaspard talks acting, MMA, more
Right After Wrestling with Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas were joined live on the program by former WWE Superstar Shad Gaspard. Highlights:
– Focusing on acting in the near future, including a great moment where he recites a passage from Shakespeareâ€™s “Henry V” from memory!
– Why Kryme Tyme broke up and why he isnâ€™t with the WWE anymore
– Talking about how fellow superstars in the locker room can become a deterrent in a possible singles push
– Is there truth to the rumors that he is pursuing MMA (and training in combat sports since he was a kid)
– Former Light Heavyweight Champion in MMA “King Mo” Lawal having had a tryout with WWE and being on the verge of signing before his MMA career took off
– Being great friends with John Morrison and thoughts on his match on RAW with the Miz and why this match wasnâ€™t on PPV
EXCERPT: “(Former Strikeforce MMA Light Heavyweight Champion King Mo Lawal) actually tried out (for the WWE). Gerald Brisco got him a tryout with WWE. They were ready to sign him and he was ready to sign. He decided not to come with WWE because, we were out drinking one night. I told him that he’s young, he can still do it.. he should fight right now, do what he has to do now and then later on become a pro wrestler. I know he will be a superstar when it’s his time. He’s in in no rush. I’m super proud of him.”
Full interview and show podcast: http://radio.thescore.com/episodes/shad-gaspard-raw-jan-3-2011
RIGHT AFTER WRESTLING Radio
With Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas
Mondays, 11:05pm – midnight ET
THE SCORE on SIRIUS Radio 98
AVAILABLE ON iTUNES: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/right-after-wrestling/id379948064
Thank you guys!