CM Punk on time with the Raw commentary team

Reported by Adam Martin of Wrestleview.com

The “Geek to Me” section of ChicagoNow.com is featuring an interview with WWE star CM Punk talking about his return to the ring this weekend for the company and his time on the Raw commentary team while recovering from an injury.

“It’s been awesome, actually its been a lot of fun. I’m gonna miss it. [laughs] I would love to do both but I think I believe there’s a thing as overexposure and I think people will get sick of me real quick. I kind of basically looked at it as my retirement plan now. That’s definitely something I can do when I’m not wrestling anymore. And believe it or not — this sounds horrible — but it was really easy for me. [laughs] I would really love to do both. I’d love to wrestle and do commentary, I think that would be awesome.”

Full interview:
WWE Superstar CM Punk returns to the wrestling ring in Chicago

Tags: ,

1. raven12516 says:

He was a good commentator. A lot better than Michael Cole.

2. goodsense says:

What about JBL he was great on commentary.

3. steve says:

wayyyy better then cole. punk the new voice of wwe

4. WWEfan says:

Cole is an announcer while Punk is a colour commentator. Cole calls the action while Punk adds speical comments both totally different jobs

5. DooSHeY says:

No offense WWEfan, but Micheal Cole is a color commentator, i.e. Miz/Laycool/Cody Rhodes comments. By the way I think you mean he is a play-by-play caller, which is also not true, the commentators normally talk about the main event or whatever stupid thing has just happened.

6. Charlie says:

I think he should do both and we can get rid of micheal cole because he sucks. And since he wants to call his fans cole miners, I think that he and his one or two fans he has should get stuck in a mine, not die but just live in a mine and never come out. He can call the matches of the rats fighting. I know a little harse but that is how I feel about him.

7. Hipnosis says:

he’s good…but he’s no MATT STRIKER ;)

8. Charlie says:

Yes Matt Striker is better, hell I would much rather listen to the coach over Cole any day.

9. jd says:

punk and jbl should take over for cole and josh mathews