Remembering Umaga

The wrestling community remembers “The Samoan Bulldozer” Umaga, marking the one year anniversary of his passing. These comments were made on Twitter. Feel free to post your memories of Umaga in the comment section below. RIP Umaga – gone, but not forgotten.

Rikishi: Today 1yr ago GOD entered another WARRIOR into HEAVEN and his name @EKIFATU #UMAGA miss u uce !!

Charlie Haas: 1 year ago to the day. Eki “Umaga” Fatu passed away. Please say a prayer for his family he left behind. I miss and love u USO. RIP EKI … Tonight in Houston we gather with the Fatu’s and friends to celebrate Eki’s life. We miss u and will always remember you USO.

Gangrel: RIP one year now ecki Fatu you are very much loved and missed!

Tags:

1. Kyle Christie says:

RIP

2. RIP, Umaga! You will be missed!

3. JFlyswatter says:

Seeing this just pisses me off…Thinking about all the other young guys who died before their time. All of them had at least 20 years to give. RIP everyone!

4. squaredcircle says:

Umaga,Jamal,Eki Fatu really had a lot of potential. He was a big monster heel, but he could also move well in the ring. Bottomline he was a very talented wrestler and gave a lot to the buisness. RIP

5. Jerrod Moore says:

My best memory of Umaga is July 2nd 2007 Dallas, Texas Monday Night Raw I was there when he won the I-C title from Umaga it was the first time I had ever seen a WWE title change hands in person

6. Jerrod Moore says:

Sorry I was distracted he won the title from Santino

7. Ryan says:

RIP Umaga

8. Daniel says:

RIP to an amazing talent, character and I’m sure person.

9. DeathNote81 says:

Was it also last year that he was released? My memory is terrible. Anyway, I was hoping he’d win the title on Smackdown that year. Growing up, the Samoans and Canadians were consistantly my favorite performers, and “Umaga” didn’t even fall from the tree! He was a solid performer who had what it took to be the first (?) SAMOAN WWE champion, IMO. I’m sorry for his family and friends first, and us fans second.

RIP, Eddie Fatu.

10. Jonathan says:

R.I.P Umaga I really wanted you to be a world champ one day.

11. Danny Cause says:

I had the honour of watching Umaga in a dark-match prior to Smackdown tapings in the UK last year.
    Little did I know I was witnessing one of his last matches. R.I.P Big guy

12. James says:

I had the pleasure to watch him take on Kane at WWE Cyber Sunday 2006. He will be missed just like other performers who have passed.