MMA News and Notes
Nov 21, 2010 - by Alex Peredo
~ WEC veteran Courtney Buck snapped a three-fight losing streak, as he submitted Jason Gignac with a second-round triangle choke at “Combat on the Hill 4,” an event co-promoted by Seconds Out and Vivid MMA on Friday at the St. Paul Armory in St. Paul, Minn. Buck, who was released by the WEC following consecutive defeats to Brandon Visher and Fredson Paixao, finished Gignac 1:45 into round two.
~ The Ultimate Fighter” Season 7 qualifier Jeremy May picked up a disqualification victory over Ross Dallow this pasr Friday at the Melbourne State Netball and Hockey Centre in Melbourne, Australia. Dallow was disqualified for using an illegal substance as May moves his record to 8-7.
~ UFC lightweight Joe Brammer was TKO (Doctor Stoppage) at 3:27 of the 3rd round by Radley Martinez last week in Layotn, Utah. Brammer (7-3-1) lost to Mark Bocek & Aaron Riley while employed by the UFC.
~ UFC 123: Rampage vs. Machida results from Detroit, Michigan
* Quinton “Rampage” Jackson def. Lyoto Machida via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
* B.J. Penn def. Matt Hughes via KO (punches) – Round 1, 0:21
* Maiquel Falcao def. Gerald Harris via unanimous decision (29-27. 29-28, 29-28)
* Phil Davis def. Tim Boetsch via submission (kimura) – Round 2, 2:55
* George Sotiropoulos def. Joe Lauzon via submission (kimura) – Round 2, 2:43
OFFICIAL PRELIMINARY CARD RESULTS
* Brian Foster def. Matt Brown via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 2:11
* Mark Munoz def. Aaron Simpson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Dennis Hallman def. Karo Parisyan via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:47
* Edson Barboza def. Mike Lullo via TKO (leg kicks) – Round 3, 0:26
* Paul Kelly def. T.J. O’Brien via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 3:16
* Nik Lentz def. Tyson Griffin via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
~ Yasubey Enomoto (6-1 MMA, 3-0 SRC) vs. UFC veteran Keita Nakamura (20-4-2 MMA, 2-0 SRC) in the welterweight grand-prix finale to crown a 170lb champion is signed for World Victory Road/Sengoku’s year-end event, “Soul of Fight.” The event takes place Dec. 30 at Ariake Coliseum in Tokyo.