WWE News on Layla, Kane, the Divas division and more

- Layla has heat with management over her recent war of words online with the Beautiful People.

– When interviewed by Metronews.ca actor Justin Long had the following to say about his experience as a Raw guest host:

âہ“In no way am I being self-deprecating when I say that was a disaster,” Long said. âہ“It was just not the audience to be promoting a movie like that to. We were so out of place. It was just awkward. They’re all fired up to see guys pummeling each other, not to see three nerdy comedy guys do some bits. They played the trailer for this crowd and it just silenced them — and not in a good way.”

âہ“We were in Los Angeles at the Staples Center, and the only time we really had the audience on our side was when we were praising the Lakers. And before that I think the majority of them were contemplating throwing things at us. There were a few homophobic remarks. I don’t want to generalize it, I know some wrestling fans. But it’s just not the audience.”

– Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE is fairly unhappy with the current state of the Divas division in the company. The 3rd season of NXT is being done as an all Divas season so that WWE can replace several of the current females on the roster.

– Kane told the Baltimore Sun that he has no plans to retire anytime soon. He said he is still having fun and feels he is currently at the height of his career.

Tags: , , ,

1. Toni says:

I am shocked that WWE considers their 5 minutes of girl on girl action each week a divas division. If anything they need to be at least 10 minutes long, that way you have enough time to go to the bathroom and get something to eat and drink. I’m happy Kane isn’t going to retire anytime soon. Once his storyline with Taker ends he can go back to being a jobber to Rey again.

2. Doug says:

Good, glad to hear that Kane won’t be retiring. I just hope Undertaker doesn’t retire either.

3. johnnybadd says:

the diva division needs broads who can wrestle. i love maryse, but they need some chicks who can work all be it for 5mins a nite!

4. Bey74 says:

Not happy with the Divas? Maybe they should have kept Mickie James.

5. DeathNote81 says:

The WWE is unappy with the current state of the women’s division? Let me guess. There’s too much WRESTLING? So to fix that, they went out and found a bunch of girls who have even LESS experience to replace the current crop, who had at least learned, or begun to learn the ropes. Sounds promising!

As far as the whole Kane situation, I wish the WWE were more like Big Brother. When a wrestler becomes too old, past his prime, or stale, we should be allowed to vote them off the active roster via WWE.com poll. With that said, I think ya’ll know where my vote was going.

Undertaker, Kane, Triple H, Big Show… step aside.

And take Cena with you. Please.

6. steve says:

like i said before NXT 3 is a joke with the pros they have for these new divas. bella twins, kelly, fox, n vicki none of them can’t even wrestle. only 2 pros there actually wrestler goldust n eddie(primo). n thats another thing wwe get rid of the primo name cause its dumb. how the heck can you name some cousin in spanish. back to the divas, if wwe wants to fix it then go look at some shimmer dvds.

As far as Kane goes I would like him to have a run with the title since he only held it for 24hrs back in the day. Then he can drop the title to someone else, not taker, i respect him but it time to hang it up.

7. IronHyde says:

I agree with Steve. But, WWE needs to google & youtube Shimmer, because they’re probably too arrogant to legally purchase the DVDs. Brainless pompous infidels.

8. Matt says:

If Vince and WWE creative want to fix up their divas division and bring prestige back to what is the Women’s Championship, first they better not keep the Divas title after that unification match. Get rid of the Divas title, keep the Women’s Championship, and have it be defended on both shows. Secondly, the women who can wrestle are Melina, Maryse, Jillian, Michelle, Beth, Natalya, and Gail Kim, so keep them, and get rid of everyone else. Also, I agree with bringing in some girls from Shimmer, they can really shake up the female roster and help out that division.