Jun 13, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Location: Buffalo, New York
Commentators: Michael Cole & Jerry “The King” Lawler, Jim Ross & Tazz and Todd Grisham & Matt Striker
– The WWE promo hits.
– A video package airs focusing on Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Edge, Batista, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho and John Cena and their respective matches tonight at Armageddon.
– A graphic opening hits welcoming us to Armageddon. We then go live to the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York where a display of pyro goes off in the entrance area. Jim Ross is the first to welcome us to the show.
– ECW Champion Matt Hardy is out first to kick off the show.
ECW Champion Matt Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov
The bell rings and Kozlov and Hardy put their fists up. Hardy gets in a few shots and circles Kozlov. Hardy attempts a kick, Kozlov blocks, lifts Hardy up and slams him into the corner. Hardy catches Kozlov with a knee. Hardy with a rollup on Kozlov and Kozlov quickly fights out. Another rollup by Hardy and Kozlov kicks out after two. Kozlov with a big back suplex on Hardy. Kozlov then sends Hardy shoulder first into the steel ring post. Kozlov grabs Hardy and slams him into the post yet again. Kozlov drives his head into the chest of Hardy a few times in the corner. Kozlov drops Hardy down and applies a vice keylock submission. Kozlov with a firemans carry back into the keylock submission. Hardy tries to break free hitting Kozlov with a few kicks. Kozlov then lifts Hardy up by his shoulder and slams him back down keeping the keylock submission applied. Hardy finally breaks free hitting a modified stunner on Kozlov. Kozlov with headbutts to the chest that sends Hardy down.
Cover by Kozlov and Hardy kicks out after two. Hardy with some more shots to the ribs of Kozlov, but Kozlov quickly grabs Hardy and drops him down in a DDT. Cover by Kozlov and Hardy kicks out after two. Kozlov goes back to the keylock submission. Hardy crawls to the ropes and gets the bottom rope forcing Kozlov to break the hold. Kozlov holds on until the referee gets to three on his five count. Hardy drops Kozlov over the ropes, hits a shoulder through the ropes, goes up top, jumps and connects with a sledgehammer on Kozlov. Hardy with a kick to the face and tosses Kozlov through the ropes to the outside. Hardy takes a run on the ring apron, jumps, Kozlov catches him, Hardy drops down and sends Kozlov into the steel ring post two times. Hardy rolls Kozlov in and hits the Side Effect. Cover and Kozlov grabs the bottom rope to break the pinfall. Kozlov dodges a Twist of Fate. Hardy with a kick to the face, goes up top, jumps and Kozlov catches him with a palm strike to the neck.
Cover by Kozlov and Hardy grabs the bottom rope to break the pinfall. Hardy with a rollup on Kozlov and Kozlov kicks out. Kozlov misses a charge and Hardy lands a few shots in the corner. Hardy stands up on the corner on Kozlov, but Kozlov tosses Hardy face first into the steel ring post. A dazed Hardy then takes a headbutt from Kozlov to the chest. Kozlov picks up Hardy and slams him back down hard to the mat in a spinebuster/chokeslam combination. Kozlov covers Hardy and gets the pinfall.
Winner: Vladimir Kozlov
After the match, Vladimir Kozlov holds his arms up and then points down at Matt Hardy. We see highlights of the match leading to the finish. Back live, we see a shot of Kozlov staring down Hardy in the ring.
– Backstage, Edge is with Vickie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero. Vickie said karma is a wonderful thing after what Matt Hardy said about Edge on Smackdown. Edge said he is going to get ready and gives Vickie a kiss goodbye. Chavo wants to ask Vickie a question. He wants to know how they took out Jeff Hardy in that hotel the night before Survivor Series. Vickie said they were not involved. Chavo said they are family and she can tell him. Vickie told him to stop asking and wants her coffee that she asked for a while ago. Chavo goes to leave and Vickie calls him back. She asks for two Splendas instead of two sugars since she is trying to watch her figure. Chavo promises he won’t tell anyone. Vickie said there is nothing to tell and wants her coffee now.
– Jim Ross and Tazz plug our cell phone question of the night – Who do you think attacked Jeff Hardy in his hotel before Survivor Series? Your choices are Edge, Triple H, Vladimir Kozlov or other.
– Backstage, we see Hornswoggle run up to Eve. Finlay apologizes and said Hornswoggle gets excited on nights like these. Finlay asks Hornswoggle to stay backstage for his match tonight with Mark Henry saying he would be safer in the back. Hornswoggle is sad.
WWE Intercontinental Championship Tournament – Finals
Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
Before the match started, we saw a shot of current WWE Intercontinental Champion William Regal and Layla at ringside getting ready to watch the match. Lilian Garcia accidentally announced Punk as one half of the World Tag Team Champions. Michael Cole corrected her and they showed photos from last night’s Supershow in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada of John Morrison and The Miz defeated Punk and Kofi Kingston to become the new champions.
The bell rings. Punk and Mysterio shake hands and back off. They circle each other, lock up and Mysterio works on Punk’s arm. Mysterio brings Punk to the mat and Punk counters that into a quick rollup that Mysterio breaks quickly. Another lock up, rollup by Mysterio and Punk kicks out. Punk with a takedown into a guillotine choke. Mysterio counters that and works on Punk’s arm. Mysterio with a trip up, Punk rolls out and grabs Mysterio’s arm working on it. Punk with a headlock, hits the ropes, shoulder block on Mysterio and quick kickout by Mysterio after a cover. Numerous pinfall attempts between the two go down. Mysterio with a drop toe hold on Punk, but Punk responds with a few arm drags. Punk attempts the GTS, but Mysterio counters out with an arm drag. Punk then sends Mysterio flying over the top rope to the ringside area in front of Regal and Layla. The referee starts the count. Punk then launches himself over the top rope and takes out Mysterio as Regal and Layla back off.
Punk rolls Mysterio back in the ring, cover and Mysterio kicks out. Punk with a huge tilt-a-whirl backbreaker on Mysterio, cover and Mysterio again kicks out. Mysterio applies a body scissors submission on Mysterio. Punk switches that into a pinfall attempt and Mysterio kicks out. Punk with a few kicks to Mysterio. Mysterio flies out to the ring apron, hits shoulder charges, goes up top, but Punk trips him up and crotches Mysterio on the top. Punk with some kicks to the back of Mysterio. Mysterio is down in the tree of woe as Punk backs up attempting a running knee, but Mysterio sits up and Punk’s knee hits the corner. Mysterio then jumps back up and takes out Punk with a moonsault. Cover and Punk kicks out. Punk with a quick powerslam on Mysterio off the ropes and Mysterio kicks out after two. Punk goes to work on Mysterio’s left arm wrenching back on it. Punk puts Mysterio’s arm over his head and Punk applies a modifed Crossface. Mysterio gets to the ropes to break it up.
Mysterio with a tilt-a-whirl around Punk’s body dropping down into an armbar submission on Punk. Punk reaches, slides over and grabs the bottom rope to break it up. Mysterio with a few kicks to Punk followed by a dropkick to Punk’s back sending him through the ropes to the outside. Mysterio goes up top, jumps and takes out Punk at ringside. Mysterio tosses Punk back in and hits the West Coast Pop. Mysterio with a springboard crossbody, cover and Punk gets a shoulder up after two. Mysterio with a roll up, Punk kicks out, rolls it over into a pin of his own and Mysterio kicks out of that. Punk pushes Mysterio to the corner, Punk misses a high knee, but Punk drops Mysterio face first off the corner and hits a knee to the jaw. Punk with a running bulldog on Mysterio, hook of the leg and Mysterio gets a shoulder up after two. Mysterio with a pinfall laying over the body/legs of Punk with Punk barely kicking out after two. Drop toe hold on Punk and Mysterio misses the 619.
Punk has Mysterio up for the GTS and Mysterio counters into a huracanrana sending Punk into the ropes. Mysterio connects with the 619. Mysterio springboards off the ropes, but misses a body splash when Punk sits up. Mysterio hooks the shoulders of Punk sending his shoulders back to the mat in a pinfall, but Punk kicks out after two. Mysterio springboards off the top, Punk catches him on his shoulders, lifts Mysterio up and connects with the GTS. Punk covers Mysterio and gets the win.
Winner & #1 Contender for the WWE Intercontinental Title: CM Punk
After the match, CM Punk celebrates his win and then stares down William Regal at ringside. Jerry Lawler said it looks like Rey Mysterio’s nose is broken. We see highlights of the match leading to the finish. Back live, Punk is helping Mysterio to his feet. Punk poses for the camera as Mysterio heads up the ramp holding his nose. Punk jumps up on the turnbuckle and celebrates his win some more. We see another shot of William Regal and Layla at ringside posing with the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
– A promo for the WWE Royal Rumble on January 25 airs.
– Backstage, we see a shot of Jeff Hardy. Hardy has facepaint on again. He said he asked himself a question: is he willing to change. Hardy said he has come across as a failure to some and people thinking he will make a mistake again. He said he finds those people afraid of him and afraid of what he can accomplish. Hardy said everyone has tried to break him and tonight is a new chapter in the career of Jeff Hardy. He said tonight he will answer all of the questions: does Jeff Hardy have what it takes? Is Jeff Hardy willing to change? He said he is who he is and will become WWE Champion.
– A video package airs from two weeks ago on Raw highlighting the events between Shawn Michaels and JBL and JBL making an offer to Michaels to work for him. We then see highlights from this past Monday’s Raw where JBL accepted HBK’s “Match of the Year” Slammy Award on his behalf.
– JBL’s music hits and his limo appears in the arena. JBL walks out and heads to the ring. JBL grabs a mic and says he wants to introduce his new employee…Shawn Michaels (sounds like some ringside fans were trying to start a “JOEY STYLES” chant). HBK’s music hits and he makes his way out to the ring. HBK grabs the mic and said he wants to get right to it. He said the economy has hit everyone real hard and unfortuantely he is not immune to it. HBK said he is in a tough spot right now and he has heard the whispers. He knows people think this can happen to him being on TV and being a WWE Superstar. HBK said he wished that was the case, but it isn’t. He said in his 20’s he lived the life and spent a lot of money. HBK said he never asked for help when he had to pay for all of his knee and back surgeries. He said ten years ago he met his wife, had two children and turned his life around. HBK said he did what most grown ups do and that is invest in the stock market. He took care of his family, gave to his church, gave to charity and it was pretty simple. HBK said he had, they didn’t and he gave. Then the roof caved in he said. He said he doesn’t know how much time he has left in wrestling. HBK said he doesn’t know how many years he has left in him since he has a family that depend on him. He said that is why he took JBL up on his offer. HBK said he doesn’t like JBL anymore than anyone else does, calling him a bully. He said the man is very good financially and that is what he needs right now. HBK said he will put his kids through college, not let his brothers and sisters lose their homes and not become one of those guys who you hear about wrestling in high school gyms or bagging groceries to make ends meet. He said he refuses to become a wrestling tragedy. HBK said you can judge him if you want, boo him or call him a sellout because that is the price he will pay. A loud “YOU SOLD OUT” chant starts up. HBK said this wasn’t something he wants to do – it is something he has to do. JBL takes the mic from him and stares him down. JBL extends his hand. HBK stares down at it and shakes it. The fans boo loudly. JBL walks off and heads to the back. HBK pauses and then heads to the back as well.
– Backstage, Eve is with Randy Orton. Cody Rhodes walks up and prevents Orton from talking. Cody said Orton was the crown jewel of Evolution and Batista was just hired muscle. He said there is a reason for that. Cody said Batista isn’t on their level or the natural abilities of a second or third generation superstar like himself, Manu and Orton. Cody said they grew up in this business and it is in their blood. Manu said Orton has been waiting for four years and tonight he will expose Batista for the fraud that he is. He added tonight Randy Orton cements his legacy. Orton stares down Eve and then walks off.
– Members of the NFL’s Buffalo Bills are at ringside. JR said what a way to shake off a bad day at the office and come to a WWE show. The Bills lost to the Jets today 31-27.
– Jim Ross and Tazz plug the text vote tonight again.
Finlay vs. Mark Henry w/ Tony Atlas
The bell rings and Finlay circles Mark Henry. Finlay with some big punches and kicks to Henry. Henry picks up Finlay and then dumps him over the top rope quickly. Finlay favors his hip as Henry walks out to approach. Finlay cuts off Henry and gets in some more shots. Henry sends Finlay back first into the side of the ring. Henry then tosses Finlay into the guard railing as well. Finlay jumps up on the ring apron, kicks Henry in the head, but Henry sweeps Finlay causing Finlay to drop over the ring apron again. Henry picks up Finlay, tosses him back in the ring and gets in a kick to the ribs. Henry misses a body splash when Finlay rolls out of the way. Finlay with a dropkick to the head and more kicks/knees to Henry’s head. Finlay goes under the ring and pulls out kendo sticks and trash cans. Tony Atlas grabs a trash can lid, cracks it over Finlay’s back, Finlay turns around and kicks Atlas in the face. Finlay gets into the ring and Henry cracks a trash can lid over his head.
Henry then puts Finlay against the ropes, backs up, runs and slides over the head of Finlay to the outside through the ropes. Cover by Henry and Finlay quickly kicks out after two. Henry with a big headbutt to Finlay sending Finlay to the corner. Finlay hits Henry over the head with a trash can. Finlay grabs a kendo stick and hits Henry a few times with it. Finlay with a big knee and DDT combo on Henry. Finlay puts a trash can against Henry’s head and kicks it. Another shot by Finlay on Henry with a trash can lid. Cover by Finlay and Henry gets a shoulder up. Henry with a headbutt on Finlay. Henry then stands over Finlay getting up against the corner. Henry attempts to body splash Finlay, but Finlay moves out of the way. Finlay grabs his shelaliegh, but Henry levels Finlay with a big boot. Henry grabs the shelaliegh and breaks it in half over his leg. Henry throws it down, but Finlay gets him with a kendo stick shot to the ribs. Henry catches it, takes out Finlay and breaks that kendo stick over his knee.
Henry grabs Finlay and applies a bearhug. Hornswoggle then appears crawling up on the corner when Finlay is sent right into him by Henry taking out Hornswoggle. Atlas looks for Hornswoggle at ringside as Henry sandwiches a trash can between himself and Finlay pushing it into Finlay’s body. Henry drops it over Finlay’s back and gets in a few kicks. Henry with a big right hand on Finlay. Henry leaves the ring and tosses the top of the steel ring steps into the ring. Henry comes forward and Finlay hits a dropkick to the knees causing Henry’s face to bounce off the steps. Hornswoggle tosses a second shelaliegh into the ring and Finlay cracks it over Henry’s head. Finlay covers Henry and gets the pinfall.
After the match, Hornswoggle celebrates at ringside. He enters the ring and hugs Finlay. We then see highlights of the match leading to the finish. Back live, Finlay and Hornswoggle are continuing to celebrate.
– A promo for the 2009 WWE Tribute to the Troops airing on NBC on December 20 airs.
– Backstage, we see a shot of the WWE Divas decorating a Christmas tree when Santa walks in. It is Charlie Haas and he said he has presents for the Divas. Santino and Beth Phoenix walk up. Santino said he bets they all wanted the Slammy for Best Diva of the Year which was won by Beth Phoenix. Santino said they get to take the next present. Santino reaches in and pulls out The Boogeyman. Santino screams like a girl and tries to leave. When he opens the door, Goldust is standing under mistletoe and that freaks out Santino as well. Goldust walks in and gets a present from The Boogeyman. They all start singing “We wish you a Merry Christmas” when we transition into a freaked out Mr. Kennedy who reminds everyone to buy the DVD for his new movie “Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia.”
– A video package runs highlighting the history of Evolution and the events between Batista and Randy Orton leading into their match tonight.
Batista vs. Randy Orton w/ Cody Rhodes & Manu
The bell rings and here we go. Lock up and Batista pushes Orton to the corner. They continue to break, lock up and break. Orton with a headlock on Batista and Batista lifts Orton into the ropes to break it up. Lock up and Orton goes back to the headlock. Orton drives Batista down with a quick drop toe hold and backs off. Orton with a kick to Batista, but Batista fires back sending Orton down. Orton stays down crawling back avoiding Batista. When Batista shoots in Orton grabs Batista and sends him through the ropes to the outside. On the outside, Cody Rhodes and Manu get in some cheap shots. The referee sees this and sends Rhodes and Manu to the back. Orton catches Batista with an elbow on the outside, tosses him back in the ring and sends him shoulder first into the steel ring post. Orton goes to work on the left arm of Batista and tries to keep the action grounded. Batista with a clothesline to Orton in two different corners. Batista with a huge powerslam on Orton.
Batista attempts a Batista Bomb, but Orton jumps off and grabs Batista dropping him in a big neckbreaker. Orton drops a knee over the head of Batista, covers and Batista kicks out after two. Orton locks the head of Batista slowing things down. Batista breaks that up with a big scoop slam. Batista with shoulder charges on Orton in the corner. Orton with a kick to the face off the ropes. Orton hits the ropes again and Batista grabs Orton launching him over the top rope to the outside. Orton favors his shoulder after he hits the mat. Batista walks out with Orton. Orton slides back in, grabs Batista through the ropes and drops him with a big DDT. Cover by Orton and Batista is able to kick out after two. Orton then begins to stomp over Batista in various areas. Orton drops a big knee over Batista’s head and then leaves the ring. Orton pulls Batista to the ring apron and gets in a few shots. Orton tosses Batista off and returns to the ring.
Orton pulls Batista back in and goes back to the chinlock. Orton keeps the chinlock applied until Batista backs him up into the corner to break it up. Batista with a big side slam on Orton. Orton and Batista exchange right hands. Batista with a clothesline in the corner on Orton. Batista levels Orton with another big clothesline as he came off the ropes and then clotheslined Orton over the top rope to the outside. Batista sends Orton face first into the ring apron and tosses him back inside. Batista goes up top and Orton cuts him off with a big right hand. Orton climbs up, grabs Batista and hits a huge superplex! Orton with a hook of the leg and Batista gets a shoulder up after two. Batista with a big spinebuster to respond. Batista hooks the leg and Orton kicks out after two. Batista with a modified spinning side slam on Orton, covers and Orton kicks out after two. Batista attempts a Spear and Orton catches him with a big kick to cut him off.
Orton drops Batista with a backbreaker, covers and Batista again kicks out. Orton becomes fired up and begins stalking Batista. RKO attempt, Batista counters and lifts Orton up slamming back back on the mat. Cover by Batista and Orton somehow kicks out after two. Orton with a kick and DDT on Batista. Orton attempts his punt kick, but Batista dodges and sends Orton to the corner with force. Batista gets in four punches over Orton. Orton tries to pull Batista out from the corner by his legs over his shoulders, but Batista counters into a Batista Bomb. Batista hooks the leg and gets pinfall.
After the match, Batista holds his head as he sits up. We then see highlights of the match leading to the finish. Back live, Batista is celebrating his win as we see a shot of an upset Orton looking back. Batista gives him a smile as Orton walks off.
– A video package airs highlighting the winners of the 2008 WWE Slammy Awards.
Santa’s Little Helper
WWE Divas Champion Michelle McCool, Maria, Mickie James & Kelly Kelly vs. Victoria, Natalya, Jillian & Maryse
We start with Maryse and Mickie James. James with a takedown. Maryse with a few elbow shots. James responds with a few of her own. Maryse holds onto the ropes to avoid any more offense from James. Natalya gets the tag and slaps James. James takes down Natalya and gets in a few shots. James slaps Natalya. Kelly Kelly gets the tag and takes out Natalya. Natalya with a quick takedown on Kelly. Kelly with a slap and dropkick to Natalya. Kelly takes out a few of the heel Divas, but Natalya catches her with a big clothesline. Tag to Jillian who covers Kelly and Kelly kicks out quickly. Jillian starts choking Kelly. Kelly gets her knees up during a body splash attempt by Jillian. Maria gets the tag. Maria catches Jillian with an elbow and dropkick. Maria with a bulldog on Jillian, cover and Victoria breaks it up. A big brawl then breaks out. Maria drops Jillian with a tilt-a-whirl takedown. Michelle McCool gets the tag and drops Jillian down in the Styles Clash to get the pinfall.
Winners: WWE Divas Champion Michelle McCool, Maria, Mickie James & Kelly Kelly
– The Great Khali then walks out. It’s time for The Great Khali Christmas Kiss Cam. Michelle McCool runs away. Maria, Kelly Kelly and Mickie James are left. They all don’t want to kiss Khali. WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young is then brought out. Khali then picks up Mae and they do a long kiss.
– Backstage, we see a shot of Chris Jericho warming up.
– A video package runs highlighting the events between John Cena and Chris Jericho leading into tonight’s World Heavyweight Title match.
World Heavyweight Championship Match
John Cena (c) vs. Chris Jericho
Big reaction for John Cena. They did introductions for the challenger Chris Jericho and champion John Cena.
The bell rings and here we go. Fast lock up and Cena pushes Jericho away. Another lock up and Jericho gets a headlock applied. Shoulder block by Jericho on Cena. Jericho with kicks and shots to the neck of Cena. Jericho with a kick to the ribs of Cena. Jericho backs off smiling. Cena with a big takedown and shots on Jericho. Jericho bails to the outside and Cena follows sending Jericho face first into the steel steps. Cena sends Jericho into the ring. When Cena gets in Jericho hits him with a kick to the face. Jericho with elbows and a headbutt shot. Jericho with some elbows to Cena in the corner. Cena with a big clothesline on Jericho. Jericho attempts a sleeper on Cena. Cena tries to break free and falls back on the mat with Jericho on his back. Jericho hangs on as Cena backs him into the corner. Jericho pulls Cena to the mat and keeps the sleeper locked in. Cena lifts Jericho up onto his shoulders. Jericho jumps off and counters into a big DDT on Cena.
Cena is on the ring apron when Jericho springboards off the turnbuckle. Cena catches Jericho on his shoulders. Jericho jumps off and then pushes Cena off the ring apron right into the steel steps face first. Jericho tosses Cena back into the ring, hooks the leg and Cena kicks out after two. Jericho with a big kick to the head of Cena. Another kick to the head followed by a kick to the back by Jericho. Jericho levels Cena yet again with a kick to the head and wraps Cena up against the ropes. Jericho leans back on Cena’s neck using the top rope for leverage. Jericho with a snapmare on Cena back into a modified rear naked choke. Jericho with a big knee to Cena’s gut as Cena breaks the hold. Jericho misses a charge in the corner and Cena explodes off the ropes with a pair of shoulder blocks. Cena with a twisting side slam. Cena stands up and calls for the five knuckle shuffle. Cena connects with the five knuckle shuffle, lifts Jericho up, Jericho counters off and attempts the Walls of Jericho.
Cena counters out, hits a belly-to-belly, cover and Jericho kicks out. Jericho with an elbow and missle dropkick to Cena. Cover by Jericho and Cena kicks out. Cena with a hip toss and clothesline on Jericho. Jericho comes back taking Cena down and connecting with a Lionsault. Cover by Jericho and Cena again kicks out. Jericho with a clothesline in the corner and some elbow shots to Cena. Jericho lifts Cena up to the top turnbuckle, climbs up with Cena, Cena hooks Jericho’s leg, lifts Jericho up and sends him down to the mat. Cena jumps and connects with his flying leg drop. Cover by Cena and Jericho gets a shoulder up after two. Cena taunts at Jericho saying it is over. Cena has Jericho up on his shoulders, Jericho with elbows, Cena sends him out for the FU, Jericho lands on his feet and grabs Cena hitting the Codebreaker. Cover by Jericho…1…2…Cena somehow kicks out. Jericho argues with the referee, pushes him aside, charges at Cena and Cena hits the FU on Jericho.
Cover by Cena…1…2…Jericho kicks out as well. Cena walks up to Jericho. Jericho with a small package and Cena kicks out. Jericho attempts a kick to the head. Cena ducks, drops down and tries to apply the STFU. Jericho fights out, stands up and gets the Walls of Jericho applied on Cena. Cena screams in pain as he pulls himself towards the ropes. Cena gets close when Jericho pulls Cena back out to the middle of the ring and wrenches back even more. Cena hulks up, flips back, reverses and applies an STFU on Jericho. Jericho taps out and it is over.
Winner & STILL World Heavyweight Champion: John Cena
After the match, John Cena is handed the World Heavyweight Championship and he holds it up high celebrating. We then see highlights of the match leading to the finish. Back live, we see Cena by the Buffalo Bills celebrating his win and holding up the World Title. Cena returns to the ring and jumps up on the turnbuckle celebrating some more. Cena heads up the ramp and holds the title up once more.
– A promo for the WWE Royal Rumble on January 25 airs.
– Jim Ross and Tazz reveal the text vote. 65% think it was Edge who attacked Jeff Hardy the night before Survivor Series last month.
– A video package runs highlighting the events with Edge, Triple H and Jeff Hardy leading into tonight’s WWE Championship match.
WWE Championship – Triple Threat Match
Edge (c) vs. Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy
They did ring introductions for challengers Jeff Hardy and Triple H and champion Edge.
The bell rings and Jeff Hardy goes after Edge right away. Triple H pulls him off. Hardy levels Edge and Triple H quickly. Hardy with kicks to Triple H. Hardy sends Edge into Triple H in the corner. Hardy sends Edge to the opposite corner and Triple H back into Edge. Hardy jumps off the back of Triple H who fell down and took out Edge with a big flying side kick. Hardy sends Triple H into the corner who goes flying over the top rope. Hardy tried to springboard onto Triple H from the ring, but Edge catches Hardy and pulls him back down. Hardy then sends Edge over the top rope. Hardy springboards over the top rope and takes out Edge as Triple H walks away. Triple H with a big clothesline on Hardy. Hardy with chops and shots to Triple H. Triple H then sends Hardy into the guard railing. Edge kicks Triple H in the face as Triple H attempts to return to the ring. Edge pulls Triple H in and hits some right hands. Edge with some more shots to Triple H. Triple H fires back with some of his own.
Edge responds with a big boot taking Triple H down. Cover by Edge and Triple H kicks out after two. Triple H with a flying knee to Edge. Triple H dodges a clothesline from Edge and drops Edge with a reverse neckbreaker. Triple H with a big clothesline on Edge in the corner. Another clothesline in the corner on Edge by Triple H. Triple H with a knee to the face on Edge, attempts a Pedigree, but Hardy returns and breaks it up. Triple H with a knee to the face on Hardy. Triple H attempts another Pedigree on Edge. Hardy springboards off the turnbuckle and hits a Whisper in the Wind taking out Triple H and Edge. Hardy with a takedown on Edge and pinfall attempt that Triple H breaks up. Hardy gets tied up on the top turnbuckle, but crotches himself. Edge gets up with Hardy, hooks an arm, Triple H puts Edge on his shoulders, backs up, Hardy flips backwards and takes out Edge as Triple H goes down with! Hardy covers Edge and Triple H breaks it up after two.
Triple H attempts a Pedigree on Hardy, but Hardy counters and catapults Triple H into the corner. Hardy dropkicks Triple H in the chest holding onto the corner. Edge with a pulldown neckbreaker on Hardy. Edge covers Hardy and Hardy kicks out after two. Edge misses a Spear on Hardy who jumps over Edge and Edge hits Triple H with a Spear in the corner. Hardy sends Edge out of the ring. Hardy with a Twist of Fate on Triple H. Hardy goes up top, jumps and connects with the Swanton Bomb on Triple H. Jeff Hardy covers Triple H…1…2…and Edge pulls the referee out of the ring. Edge grabs Hardy, pulls him out of the ring and sends him into the guard railing. Edge nails Hardy face first off the ECW announce table. Hardy then sends Edge face first into the Raw announce table. Hardy then sends Edge into the guard railing. Hardy removes the top of the Smackdown announce table and clears it off. Hardy grabs Edge, slams his head off the Raw announce table and Triple H hits Hardy from behind with a lariat.
Triple H launches Edge across and over the ECW announce table. Triple H sends Hardy into the steel ring steps. Triple H clears off the Raw announce table and grabs Hardy. Triple H puts Hardy on top of the Raw announce table and lays in a few shots. Triple H stands up on the Raw announce table. Triple H gets Hardy up for a Pedigree. Hardy counters, attempts a Twist of Fate, Triple H dodges that, Edge runs up, misses Triple H and takes out Hardy with a Spear sending Hardy right through the Smackdown announce table! Triple H walks over and throws Edge back in the ring. Triple H attempts a Pedigree on Edge. Edge counters and hits Triple H with a big DDT. Edge is up first and charges. Triple H catches Edge with a big spinebuster. Triple H kicks Edge, hooks the arms and hits the Pedigree. Triple H covers Edge and Vladimir Kozlov pulls him out. Kozlov sends Triple H into the steel steps. Matt Hardy runs out and attacks Kozlov. Kozlov sends Matt Hardy into the guard railing.
Hardy is up on the top turnbuckle going for a Swanton Bomb when Kozlov pushes him off and Hardy crashes on the outside. Matt Hardy and Kozlov brawl up the entrance area. Edge is the only one left in the ring with Triple H and Jeff Hardy on the outside. Triple H rolls back in the ring. Edge pulls himself up as Triple H does as well. Edge with a Spear on Triple H. Edge hooks the leg on Triple H and Triple H kicks out after two. Edge can’t believe it and leaves the ring. Edge grabs two steel chairs and tosses them in the ring. Edge puts one chair under the head of Triple H and picks up the other one. Edge attempts a conchairto when Hardy pulls the chair back Edge had from the ring apron. Hardy cracks it over the head of Edge. Hardy goes up top and Triple H trips up Hardy crotching him on the top. Triple H with a Pedigree on Edge. Hardy comes flying off the top rope and connects with a Swanton Bomb over Edge. The force of the Swanton bumps Triple H out of the ring. Hardy covers Edge…1…2…3. Jeff Hardy has done it.
Winner & NEW WWE Champion: Jeff Hardy
After the match, the crowd in Buffalo gives Jeff Hardy a huge ovation as Hardy jumps up in celebration. Hardy is handed the WWE Championship and falls down holding it against his chest. Hardy gets up on the corner and holds the title up some more. Hardy salutes the fans on the rest of the corners. The announcers stay quiet as Hardy takes in the moment. Jeff Hardy then puts the title around his waist and celebrates some more. Hardy rolls out of the ring and walks around slapping the hands of fans. We then see highlights of the match leading to the finish. Back live, Jeff Hardy is standing at the top of the Armageddon set with the WWE Championship over his shoulder as the PPV goes off the air.
Source: Adam Martin, Wrestleview.com
|What did you think of Armageddon?
thumbs up – 50%
in the middle – 12%
thumbs down – 12%
didn’t see it – 25%
Hardy-Kozlov – 2%
Punk-Mysterio – 10%
Finlay-Henry – 1%
Batista-Orton – 3%
Santa’s Little Helpers match – 9%
Y2J-Cena – 7%
Edge-HHH-Hardy – 68%